[patch] A possible fix for some resume from standby/hibernation problems (1 Viewer)

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    A made a patch in an attempt to try to fix some of the hibernate/standby problems im having. Basicly alot of people seem to need to restart MP(not reboot) when resuming , in order to watch TV properly(the problem differs, for me its no scrambled channels until i restart).

Basicly i noted that the Recorder which handles the TV stuff can be stopped and started, so i thought to make Powerscheduler stop and start the Recorder when resuming which according to the method descriptions should basicly 'reinit' tuner related resources. It *seems* to have helped in my case anyway.

On the other hand i can see the new TV engine progressing fast, which might fix all this, but right now there are some people who would like to test this, which is much easier if its in the SVN.

The patch only takes effect if one activates it in the powerscheduler config so it should be harmless.

link to patch queue entry

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I tried running without the patch for a while, and had some massive problems with my second tuner when resuming from hibernate, reapplying the patch fixed it.

Its a bit of a bummer having to recompile the patch everytime i want to update my MP version to the newest SVN version, and there are also some other people who would like to test this patch out, so i was sort of wondering why it has been left in the queue for so long(i noticed more recent things being added)? As i mentioned above, it does nothing before you enable it in the PowerScheduler config, so it should be completely harmless.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    And if it solves a lot of problems, really would be appreciated by its potential end users.

ziphnor, thanks again at looking at this and pushing your fix.

Must be busy trying to sort out the timeshifting/record complete program problem.

Regards

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ziphnor - Have you thought about getting on the MP IRC chat and asking there?

roosterx

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2006
    Högsäter, Sweden
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    rtv: sorry this is off topic, but i noticed in your system you have logitech harmony series remote, does MP support that one now? i know some pps have been asking after that support. tia

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    rtv: Thanks

For any one wanting to use this patch happening on this thread:
    This 'fix' is turned off by default, it has to be enabled in the Powerscheduler plugin configuration.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    roosterx I'm using it with my mce receiver but Trax wants to add support for it soon.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ziphnor

Works a treat, Many Thanks.
    Now if we could get something inside MP that detected a hibernate/standby restart, that did the same thing from either power button remote or MP own hibernate shutdown, would be absolutely perfect.

A Big well done to all the DEVELOPERS of MediaPortal for all the amazing updates that have been implemented in recent weeks, We know it's time consuming and it is appreciated.

BIG Respect Guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom