[patch] A possible fix for some resume from standby/hibernation problems (1 Viewer)

J-B-N

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I can only agree with Ray, I have been testing the patch and it seems to work. I have some more testing left to do before I am 100% convinced. But this is a giant leap on the WAF for me...

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
My plan was to wait until the patch would make it into the next stable (No. 5). But it's 4 weeks now since stable 4 ... I am afraid everything goes in direction MP 0.3 with the new TV engine.

Does anybody know if there will be a stable5 soon (or if at all)?

thanks+regards
WeWe

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Nice to know the patch seems to be helping out. But remember its just doing the init that MP does on startup, whenever it resumes, so its a kind of blackbox patch on my part :)

Its been added to SVN for testing, so you cannot be sure it will even be part of a potential next stable release(though its harmless because you need to enable it). There is no reason to be afraid of SVN, just backup your original MP folder.

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm sorry to say it, but this fix does not work for me and a few other users I know who also have trouble after hibernation. Maybe it's my HVR 900, I don't know; closing and restarting MP works, so I believe that ziphnor fix goes in the right direction. I appreciate the effort any way :) .

BTW, I tried the SVN MediaPortal-svn--09-15-2006--09-28-Rev10307.exe which apparently had this fix.

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    FlipGer,

2,5 weeks ago you estimated that within one there will be a stable 5.

What does your oracle say meanwhile? New Infos?

thanks+regards
    WeWe

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

sorry wewe. Currently my crystal ball only displays mist. Sometimes something like "WID" appears. :)

The team is working hard on the implementation of the BASS sound engine for the stable release....

Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom