[patch] DVB EPG ISO 6937 support (1 Viewer)

muad

October 5, 2006
Hi,

attached is modified implementation of ISO 6937 support for DVB EPG. Original implementation comes from here (user "zdar"). I've changed the integration of the ISO 6937 converter with the EpgGrabber, so that it does not influence any other languages than Czech language. The converter itself (new class Iso6937ToUnicode) was left untouched (only renamed to follow proper naming rules). The solution presumes that Czech language is always encoded in ISO 6937, which seems to be the case, however better solution would be to add possibility to select encoding for each language manually in MediaPortal configuration (per multiplex, per channel and with proper defaults). Also, if there is any other language using ISO 6937 encoding, it currently must be hard-coded into EpgGrabber.cs to make it work.

This patch solves bug 1433034. The bug was also discussed here.

If the implementation passes the tests, please, submit it to the svn repository as soon as possible. I think there are many people in Czech Republic looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Muad

Tessien

October 7, 2006
Prague
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi,

I tried your patch (being a czech user too) and found out that 1 of the 2 czech DVB-T multiplexes I can catch in Prague does not send language id as "cze", but as "ces" - there are 2 different codes for czech, don't ask me why :)

So I recommend changing the following line:
Code:
if (language.ToLower() == "cze")
to
Code:
if (language.ToLower() == "cze" || language.ToLower() == "ces")

With this slight change, it works great for me :)

pavelr

Portal Member
March 6, 2006
ISO 6937 support

Hi,

I will check SVN every day! Very important improvement for Czech users.
Thank you for it!

Could anybody else implement this into SVN?

Thank you.
Pavelr

Tessien

October 7, 2006
Prague
Home Country
Hi,

I will check SVN every day! Very important improvement for Czech users.
Thank you for it!

Could anybody else implement this into SVN?

Thank you.
Pavelr

If you want it now, just download the source, patch it and compile it yourselves :)
It's very easy to do so, if you follow the appropriate guidelines.

Or if you really can't do that, PM me and I can upload the binaries for you somewhere..

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Added to SVN & will be in next stable patch - we like Czech users ;-)

DMAN

festr

Portal Member
    January 2, 2007
    Home Country
    I've modified muad patch for tvserver3, but i cant compile and test it. Any volunteer/developer has some time to test this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom