[Patch] External Player + Winlirc (or other remote control) (1 Viewer)

htpcNoob

Portal Pro
January 23, 2005
If anyone uses an exteral DVD/Movie player and the winlirc plugin, the problem is that the commands in LIRC will be relayed to MP when the external player is active. This patch implements a read-only property IsExternalPlayerActive that is set to true when the external DVD/Movie player is running and set to false when it exits. This is done in the Util.cs and all that WinLIRC and other remote plugins has to do is check the value of the property MediaPortal.Util.Utils.IsExternalPlayerActive.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1172931&group_id=107397&atid=647927

UPDATE: Patch is now obsolete. A better, event based method has been implemented[/b]

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
This is already implemented in the current CVS versions by 2 events. One is raised BEFORE a player starts and one AFTER a WaitForExit(). There will be more changes today (e.g. in case a WaitForExit is not performed and some code cleanup), so I'd suggest you'll wait to implement it until the changes are done. This also affects the behaviour of the MyPrograms plugin, which you did not regard. If you contact me or waeberd on IRC, we can tell you more... :wink:

htpcNoob

Portal Pro
January 23, 2005
Ahhhh. I didnt notice those changes in the CVS since I saw the code from 2 weeks ago. Since then I automatically add my custom codes using windows grep during my daily cvs downloads so I couldnt tell when this was implemented. Good to see that its there now. :-D

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Might also be interesting for your concerns (extended plugin class):

Code:
IPluginReceiver:IPlugin

Take a look at guilib\IPlugin.cs.... :wink:

This was implemented in later CVS versions after the 0.1.0.10 release.

htpcNoob

Portal Pro
January 23, 2005
Wonderful. This makes my patch obsolete :) :) :) . Not in a bad way. I've updated my start post + tracker patch thread post. Now all it requires is implementation by the authors of winlirc + other plugins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom