[patch] Fix for bug 0000645 + 0000605 (Twinhan dual tuner) (2 Viewers)

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
This sounds like it may help my issue with Dvico Fusion Lite and Plus in the same computer? The issue is the Friendly Name is the same for incompatible filters. I changed the friendly name before driver install and got it working temporarily, but it only worked once or twice before breaking again.

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    jawbroken said:
    This sounds like it may help my issue with Dvico Fusion Lite and Plus in the same computer? The issue is the Friendly Name is the same for incompatible filters

It could indeed sound like you have experienced the same bug(s). If you look in the Device manager in windows, under Details for the filters, do the two incompatible filter have the same hardware IDs? Mine does, and i think that has something to do with why the filter matching code (currently) cant find a unique filter to match up with.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Hmm, no they have different Hardware IDs. Activating them at the same time before I changed the Friendly Name would just result in blue screens and crashing, though. So I figured it might have something to do with choosing the incorrect filter. Because the BDA tuner is only in the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml as a name, not a filter moniker like the Transport Stream Capture, I guessed that perhaps it was loading them just based on name and not on compatibility. It seemed to have worked a little, but now whenever I try to record/view two things at once I still get major issues. It worked for recording twice though, so I figured I was getting closer. I guess we will see if you patch will help me at all when it makes it into a CVS build. Thanks.

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    jawbroken said:
    Hmm, no they have different Hardware IDs. Activating them at the same time before I changed the Friendly Name would just result in blue screens and crashing, though.

Sorry, i didnt phrase my question very well. Is the Hardware ID the same for each pair of Capture filters and for each pair of Tuner filters? For example in my case i something like:

Capture filter from card1:
    Name = NAME1
    Hardware ID = ID1

Capture filter from card2:
    Name = NAME1
    Hardware ID = ID1

Tuner filter from card1:
    Name = NAME2
    Hardware ID = ID2

Tuner filter from card2:
    Name = NAME2
    Hardware ID = ID2

The only thing distinguishing the two Tuner filters is the last part of the DeviceID, but that doesnt give any hints as to what capture filter they belong to.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    That is what I guessed you meant. The hardware IDs are different for the same named filters for the cards.

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    jawbroken said:
    That is what I guessed you meant. The hardware IDs are different for the same named filters for the cards.

Okay, but i guess you can still be affected by this patch if MediaPortal has problems matching the filters and actually realizes this :)

Do you see "use global filter moniker" printed out anywhere in your mediaportal.log when you have problems with this?

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I cannot recall. Since I have modified the Friendly Names of the filters to get around this issue I have not tried going back again, and have not kept any logs from when i was having difficulties, unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom