Patch: MusicImport/mp3: Small fixes and enhancements (1 Viewer)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    A long time ago (July 2004) I had this feature request, to enable mp to read cd-text as i have a lot of "Best of" and such self made compilations on CD. They all have cd-text, but will never be found via F3.

The request was meant to show the information when playing the disk, but now I would like to bring this request up once again, because it is not possible to rip these cd´s to my harddrive. Maybe you can consider this in the further development of this new feature.

tomtom
    [/quote]

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi tomtom,
    tomtom21000 said:
    A long time ago (July 2004) I had this feature request, to enable mp to read cd-text as i have a lot of "Best of" and such self made compilations on CD. They all have cd-text, but will never be found via F3.

The request was meant to show the information when playing the disk, but now I would like to bring this request up once again, because it is not possible to rip these cd´s to my harddrive. Maybe you can consider this in the further development of this new feature.

tomtom

Today I found out (by accident) that CDEX (http://cdexos.sourceforge.net) has CD Text support. Maybe it's possible to take a peek into their sourcecode, and - if possible - integrate it into MP as a TagReader plugin.

Kind regards,
    Michel

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    scoop said:
    Today I found out (by accident) that CDEX (http://cdexos.sourceforge.net) has CD Text support. Maybe it's possible to take a peek into their sourcecode, and - if possible - integrate it into MP as a TagReader plugin.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Hi Michel,

do I read this like: "I´ll take a look into it" or like "If someone wants to take a look into it"? ;)

It seems to me that very few people use cd-text. To me it would be important, because I have more than 100 CD´s from my old vinyl´s, best of and such, but it does not make sense to put much effort into it if I am the only one interested. Thank you for the hint, anyway :)

tomtom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom