[Patch] Scrolling text is now properly clipped (1 Viewer)

V

Vic

This patch removes the ugly, annoying "popping" effect that can be seen in various places in MediaPortal where there is scrolling text. For example, in vertical scrolling text the topmost line instantly "pops" off screen instead of scrolling out of it. For horisontal scrolling text the letters pop in and out of the field on both sides of the text. I also fixed the home menu so that the buttons scroll into screen instead of appearing and disappearing instantly.

Most things in the patch was solved by fixing the clipping in the fontengine. There are still many things that could be improved, refactored and cleaned up in the GUI lib. For example, scrolling text could fade in/out instead of being hard clipped against an invisible border. Also the scrolling should be time based instead to make it smoother. I think I'll continue polishing the gui stuff until it shines... :)

The patch is made against the latest CVS version and can be found here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1166619&group_id=107397&atid=647927

V

Vic

GUITextScrollUpControl.cs does not need any patching as far as I could tell? It seemed to work fine after I fixed the clipping in the fontengine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom