Patch: Start Media Portal with basic home screen (1 Viewer)

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1370367&group_id=107397&atid=647927

These small changes allow Media Portal to start with the basic home screen. It also allows switching between the basic and regular home screen from the topbar.

See also this post.

Changes made:

Core/guilib/Action.cs
    ==============
    - added new Action to ActionType enum: ACTION_SWITCH_HOME (115)

Configuration/Sections/General.cs
    ========================
    - added config option under General for "start with basic home"

xbmc/MediaPortal.cs:
    ===============
    - added handling of ACTION_SWITCH_HOME to OnAction()
    - added conditional startup with WINDOW_SECOND_HOME or WINDOW_HOME to InitializeDeviceObjects()

xbmc/bin/release/skins/Project X/topbar.xml
    ===============================
    - changed basic home button from hyperlink to action (115)

xbmc/bin/release/skins/Project X/topbarhome.xml
    ===================================
    - changed basic home button from hyperlink to action (115)

Kind regards,
    Michel

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    scoop said:
    These small changes allow Media Portal to start with the basic home screen. It also allows switching between the basic and regular home screen from the topbar.
    Could you describe (for the benefit of us non-programmers.... :) ) what you mean by "the basic home screen" and how is it different from the "regular home screen"?

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

I noticed this patch partly made it into CVS as of Friday 30 december 2005. Currently the option to switch between the basic and regular home screen isn't added to CVS, particularly the changes in the two skin files from Project X and MediaPortal.cs. I'm wondering wether this was left out intentionally or on purpose?

Either way it's strange to me the change to Action.cs has made it into CVS, because that change is only there to acommodate the feature of switching between regular and bassic home screen. It would be nice if one of the devs who knows about this could enlighten me. :)

Kind regards,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom