[Rejected] Patch to read XBMC .nfo files in mediaportal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Experimental patch to read .nfo in mediaportal

... have added the file to my post above - I attached it already before but didn't realize, that it was ignored as "invalid file" - I had to zip it.
    Guzzi

technick

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Re: Experimental patch to read .nfo in mediaportal

Guzzi,

I made a little modification, see first post, it's work on my Build. I will now see if I can read actors information in the detail screen. I need also to work on error catching :-/

Froschkönig

Portal Member
    January 20, 2008
    Re: Experimental patch to read .nfo in mediaportal

Hi Technick

I really love the idea of your patch. Therefore I ve tried to compile mediaportal for myself. Maybe thats the reason for my problems cause it was the first time in my life.

What I have done is the following:

-downloaded and installed all the suggested programms (.net SDK ...) and the source code of mediaportal
    -right click on the source code folder -> TortoiseSVN -> Apply Patch (I have not found an explanation for applying patches) -> save the resulting file
    -a red sign was then at GUIVideoFiles.cs and the corresponding folders (I have ignored this ???)
    -compiled MediaPortal and applied the SVN

The result of this procedure is the following:

If I go into the video part of Mediaportal the videos shows as the cover the folder.jpg
    The backdrop.jpg and the informations of the nfo-file are not visible

If I go then to the left side and change the order (the 3. menuepoint) from folder to genre I can see the information from the nfo-file, but also here no backdrop
    When I go again to the left side the 1. (view, which is active) but also the 3. (order) menuepoint are highlighted.

Regards

Kamshaft

Portal Member
    April 28, 2010
    Ontario Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Wouldn't a plugin just be easier? Or Media Portal, just doesn't allow for it?

This is an awesome, project. And compiling Media Portal unfortunately just isn't in the cards for me.

Keep up the good work!

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi
    this is an great solution for nas system and more !

Salut Technick, super ton patch, pourvu qu'ils l'intégrent !

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom