Pause in one room resume in the next (1 Viewer)

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    Hello there,

i am getting ready to start on an MP project where I have a single MP server with 3 tuner cards in it (6 Tuners total) that will feed both my Tv's through a server-client setup.

My question is this:
    "is it possible to pause tv in one room, and then resume watching it in the next room?"

Just curious about how one would accomplish such a thing.

Thanks,
    Matt C

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Hi Matt,

No, that is not possible. Mind you, if you were recording the show you could kind of do it. All you do is go to the other PC and play the recording and fast forward to the point you are interested in. So it's quite what you want but pretty close.

Cheers,

Martin,

Nick Name.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Actually I think it is possible, if you configure MediaPortal to have a centralized database.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Oh, right, I missed that he is talking about TV actually :). Yeah, only workaround is to start a recording before you switch the room.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is possible as mp uses just one buffer if you tune to the same channel. So do the following: pause in living room, go to bedroom start playing the same channel and you can skip back to the point you want to continue and shut down living room htpc (unless it is the server)

There is some talk about making this easier in future versions to come.

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    mbuzina is there anything special I need to setup on the server? Do all the clients use the same server database automatically?

This is really awesome. Super excited about it. Thanks a ton.

Matt C

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @mbuzina is there anything special I need to setup on the server? Do all the clients use the same server database automatically?

No, you don't need to do anything. You actually don't even have to remember which channel you were watching. Just go to the main TV menu, click 'TV-streams' and choose the stream you want to watch.

The clients use the server you tell them to use. You can have as many servers as you like, but the clients can only be connected to one at a time.

//W

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom