[confirm] Pause live TV will not allow skipping (1 Viewer)

graemef

Portal Pro
November 28, 2004
Perth
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 Alpha
MediaPortal Skin: Black & White 1080
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: Intel P4 3GHz
HDD: Seagate ST3400832AS
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard:
Video Card: Radeon HJD4300
Video Card Driver: 8.702.0.0
Sound Card: Creative SBLive!
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 5.12.2.252
1. TV Card: VideoMate Hybrid A+DVB-T
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 1.3.8.7
2. TV Card: AverMedia AverTV
2. TV Card Type: analog
2. TV Card Driver: 1.0.6.20
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPC
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Foxtel
HTPC Case: ThermalTake Mozart
Cooling: Water
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE
TV: LG 60" Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

When I pause Live TV I can hit play and have it resume. Any FF/Rew/Skip causes the picture to freeze up, MP keeps running Ok and if you stop/start TV it all resumes Ok. If I hit pause, leave if for a few minutes then hit "skip back" the prompt immediately shows End and the entire pause buffer is lost, the video jumps to current TV and there is no buffer (sometimes it freezes). I have tried diagnosing repeatable events, but seem to get random effects.
I alos noticed that I hit pause once and the progress bar at the top of the screen showed all red and the yellow pause buffer actually leaked out the right hand end of the bar (could be a skin problem).
I think (???) this was working before turning on "Include Timeshift Buffer" in the TV Client debug options. I have since turned this off, but same problem.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Can you try to reproduce using attached TsReader.ax from v1.1.1 and post logs?

Attachments

• TsReader.zip
      175.2 KB

graemef

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2004
    Perth
    Home Country
    That initially appears to have fixed it after stopping and starting tv service. I will keep trying and if it occurs wll grab logs.
    I also noticed this was only happening on my analog channels (Fox), not the DVB-T channel.s

graemef

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2004
    Perth
    Home Country
    Nope, unfortunately that didn't work. Logs attached.

Noticed some more stuff. All only a problem watching analog TV.
    If I watch for a while then hit back arrow always comes up with "Start" as though there is no buffer.
    Jumping back to home screen with TV running shows small TV windows in bottom left of screen, but program name is TS-Live-6.0 (or something like this).
    Hitting pause when watching TV the progress bar at the top of the screen always shows completely red, no matter how far through the show you are. The yellow bit at the end then starts growing and goes outside the bar areas and overwrites the time at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom