Performance issue on multiseat system (1 Viewer)

JockeFors

July 18, 2006
Hi all, and tnx all developer to a fantastic job.

I have set up a multiseat system and it works really well. The server with a client on the same pc runs windows xp. The other clients run windows xp as well. My question is if I can get any performance boost of the system by changing to windows 2003 server on the tvserver machine. Should I separate clients and server or is it ok to have a client on the server as well?

One thing that I have noticed is that recorded shows not work so well on one of my client( a minimac). I have all time shifting files and recorded shows on the same drive as the operating system and mediaportal, but all my movies I have put on another disk and there is no problem with those. Could I do something to boost performance on disk handling, like raid or something else?

Btw, even my wife can handle mediaportal and like the idea that it is the same on every TV in the house.:)

I am amazed how smooth everything works now and how much the tvseverer has improved since I downloaded some of the first snapshots. Once again a big thx to all developer for a fantastic job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom