Persistent bad UNC Timeshifting path on TV server (1 Viewer)

Pierre Isabelle

Portal Member
July 25, 2014
Wakefield, QC
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hello,

I am a newbie to Mediaportal. I recently installed Mediaportal, including the TV server, on a Windows 7 PC. I configured the TV server in such a way as to get OTA channels through a Happauge 950 tuner, and to access EPG data through the xmltv plugin. Among other uses, I want to access the TV server from XBMC running on a different box (a Boxee box), so I also installed the TVServerXBMC plugin.

Then, I enabled the XBMC Mediaportal PVR addon on my Boxee-based XBMC. As it turns out, the basic connection to the Mediaportal TV server is working: I can see correct list of TV channels as well as the EPG on my Boxee-based XBMC.

Unfortunately, when I first configured the Mediaportal TV server, I typed in an inadequate UNC path for my timeshift share. As a result, whenever I try to watch a TV channel, my PVR addon reports and displays with the faulty timeshifting path. Of course, I went on to correct that erroneus path in the TV server configuration (both in the options for timeshifting and in the options for the XBMC TV server plugin). Unfortunately, my PVR addon keeps reporting the same error as before my correction. Weirdly, this continued after I carried out a complete reinstall of Mediaportal and TV server.

As I have not reinstalled the sql server, I can only suppose that the Mediaportal sql database remained in place and fails to get updated for some reason. If this is the case, I could perhaps also reinstall mysql from scratch but that looks like a rather extreme measure.

Is this really a problem with the sql database? If so could you point me to a way to edit out or correct the faulty database record? I know next to nothing about sql but with some pointers I can learn fast :)

Thanks in advance,

Pierre

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi and welcome Pierre,

Did you restart the TVService after changing the timeshift path?
    You can do this in the TV Server Configuration >> Manual Control >> Stop Service >> Start Service

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom