Picture Geolocation (1 Viewer)

commander197

Portal Pro
December 23, 2008
Hi morpheusxx,

I have seen, that you are working on picture geolocation. Do you plan only goolemaps and openstreetmap for this plugin or bing maps and nokia maps, too :). It would be nice to set as setting which map somebody will have.

Thanks,
commander

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The main purpose currently is to read the GPS coordinates out of images and then to do a geo lookup to find the city, state and country.

The extracted information is shown in pictures section and can be used for filtering.

I currently have no integration of maps planned, but maybe someone else writes a plugin? ;)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I thought about your ideas... What is quite easy to implement can be a map, created from a WMS (WebMapService): Like this one from University Heidelberg, based on OpenStreetMaps:
    http://129.206.228.72/osm-proxy/ser...=479&BBOX=12.72709,52.25088,13.83322,52.87422

The link creates a map of the requested area (example Berlin), just need to pass a matching boundary (BBOX). The image then can be included in any screen

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    another suggestion, maybe for the long term:
    Show the pictures on a map. May mobilephone has this option and this is really great :)
    You have a map and all over this map you can see where you taken which picture :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom