Picture Viewing Occasionally Becomes Unresponsive (While Browsing) (1 Viewer)

DigitalDJ

Portal Member
January 2, 2008
TV-Server Version: Whatever comes with 0.2.3.0
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0
MediaPortal Skin: Whatever the default is
Windows Version: XP MCE
CPU Type: P4 3GHz
HDD: WD 250GB
Memory: 1GB DDR400
Motherboard: ASUS P5GDC Deluxe
Motherboard Chipset: Intel 915
Motherboard Bios: Latest
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT
Video Card Driver: Latest
Sound Card: Integrated
Sound Card AC3: Integrated
Sound Card Driver: Latest
1. TV Card: Hauppage PVR-250-MCE

Hey all,

I recently switched from MCE2005 to MediaPortal and everything seems to be working pretty well.

A problem I've been having is viewing photos. I enter a folder, and select a photo (not slideshow). I then continue to browse through the photos and sometimes after a few photos MediaPortal becomes unresponsive and will not move backwards, forwards or to the menu. Pressing buttons on the remote (which is the MCE2005 Remote) makes the MediaPortal "click" sound so its not completely frozen but I am unable to do anything with it until I end task MediaPortal and restart it. It seems to happen rather randomly, whether or not you are browsing fast or slow. Task Manger shows that MediaPortal uses 50% CPU (HyperThreading enabled). I'm not sure if that's normal, but even after waiting 5 Minutes MediaPortal is still unresponsive.

All my drivers are up-to-date and the only thing running in the background is Daemon Tools. The photos are stored on the HDD and not a network drive. Could it have something to do with the transitions? Anyone else get the problem? The photos are largish, 5MP Sony Camera but I wouldn't have though that would affect it that much?

It's rather annoying when you're trying to show some family holiday photos and it locks up half way through :(

Cheers,
Grant

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi DigitalDJ

Try this MP Setup\General\thumbnails\picture "auto create small thumbs" select this option.

Should take the disappointment away.

DigitalDJ

Portal Member
    January 2, 2008
    Hi DigitalDJ

Try this MP Setup\General\thumbnails\picture "auto create small thumbs" select this option.

Should take the disappointment away.

I tried this today but when browsing through the photos fairly quickly MediaPortal still "partially" becomes unresponsive.

And when I mean browsing, I don't mean going through the folders, but instead starting up one photo and then going from there (a slideshow....but not using the slideshow button).

Any other ideas?

Cheers,
    Grant

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom