Pinnacle 7010ix DVB-T slow channel change (1 Viewer)

LeJimster

Portal Member
September 5, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I really hope somebody can help me fix this problem.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit, with the Pinnacle 7010ix PCI-e card (2xDVB-S 2xDVB-T 2xAnalogue)

I have relatively fast channel changing on DVB-S - upto 5 seconds. But when I switch to channels on DVB-T it can take 8-15 seconds.

I heard that there was some alternative drivers to use that fixed the problem, and I believe they were for the Blackgold BGT3450 (version 6.0.0.49) which uses the same chipset. But they worked exactly the same as the ones that came with Windows 7.

I would downgrade to XP or Vista on my server, but I'm not sure if they'll be able to see my 4+TB RAID array, so I'm stuck with Windows 7.

Any help appreciated.

UPDATE! YES! Finally found a fix that works.. I actually thought I had tried this before, but now I think about it, it was before I did a windows update.

7010ix DVB-T users, some good news! - AVForums.com

Basically..
1) Go do a manual windows update, and in the optional updates you will see the Pinnacle card driver listed. Make sure it's ticked. And completed the windows update.
2) Goto the device manager (Control Panel -> Device Manager)
3) Under sound, video and game controllers... Right click and uninstall Pinnacle PCTV 7010iX Dual Analogue + DVB-T + DVB-S
4) Reboot and on windows restart it will reinstall the drivers for your TV card.
5) Goto TV Config and under Manual control stop and start the TV service for it to detect your card again.
6) Done!

I'm really happy now, DVB-T channel switching is 5 seconds max now. Which is acceptable.

Pejayku

August 8, 2006
Germany
Hello , I got the same problem here.
I tried to find the driverupdate through the manual Windows update procedure.
Unfortunately no Pinnacle driver option available.
Could you kindly let me know what's the version no of the driver you are using now.
thanks

LeJimster

Portal Member
September 5, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Did you check your update history, filter by name and scroll down see if Pinnacle systems..... is mentioned. Possibly it was already installed without you knowing? Because even if it has already been installed, the fix wont take affect until you uninstall the driver and allow it to reinstall it.

I will give you the driver version I am using, but I have a feeling MS didn't update the actual driver for the pinnacle card.. But actually the BDA system driver that goes with it.

Driver date is: 07/04/2009
Version is:6.0.3.9

Heres a screenshot of what I believe is the updated BDA driver. This is available by clicking "driver details"
PinnaclePCTV7010iXBDAdriver.gif

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom