Pinnacle PCTV/Pro remote control in MP? (1 Viewer)

Thiesen

Portal Member
April 3, 2005
I know why you can't send any dll's... GMail treats those as executables and thus it thinks it could be a virus... and it doesn't work by simply zipping them either... you have to first zip it them and then you use winrar on it... I had to use that method when sending something to my friend.

Btw I found Girder 3.3.4 on the net and I also downloaded the PCTV plugin on Girders homepage and Girder did understand the remote but I don't know how to configure ot properly.

I think I will have to fool around a bit... the buttons show up ok in Girder now...

Thiesen

Portal Member
April 3, 2005
Eagle: weeeee that config did the trick... thank you very much... I think I will have a go on getting to know the config a little better though... :)

TheVideoKing: Been reading that thread but never got IRAssistant to accept the IR reciever... :-(

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thiesen

thumbs up :)

this gml-file was my first shot, so it has the potential to be improved :D It works fine for me at the moment, but when my htpc will enter livingroom I'll have to do some WAF-work on it

eagle

Thiesen

Portal Member
April 3, 2005
eagle:

Oh yeah... it can be improved... for example you could use the TV, Teletext, Radio and EPG buttons to do something... :)

I especially like the way you use the fullscreen button to actually make the picture go into fullscreen mode.

But I don't like the way you use the Power button... it makes my computer go into hibernation and my ATI Radeon 9550 doesn't show any picture after waking up the computer again... it would make more sence if you simply tell Media Portal to shut it self off...

@TheVideoKing:

Hmmmm... looks like I can start pretty much everything with that program after all... :)

But I don't understand the codes at all... it would be nice if there was some kind of graphical frontend to edit the file...

Edit: Woah... that was awesome... where to get the buttons codes from???

Edit2: After reading the little pdf document for the remote it should be possible to add multiple configurations depending on what window is currently active??

Edit3: Seems it's quite easy to add everything into the profiles.ini file after all... :) Maybe I will come up with a good config for 0.1.1.1 :)

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thiesen said:
@Eagle:

But I don't like the way you use the Power button... it makes my computer go into hibernation

That's because I use it mainly with PVRScheduler and the next step after programming was to go to hibernate. But feel free to change it. :p

[EDIT]

concerning the TV, Teletext, Radio and EPG-Buttons:

Maybe in future it is possible to get direct access to some menu-points via shortcuts, so I hope to use these buttons to jump directly to myTV, myRadio, Teletext and EPG

[/EDIT]

eagle

Thiesen

Portal Member
April 3, 2005
Hi there.

I have now been having a go on the profiles.ini file from the PCTV/Pro remote controller stuff and got it working for 0.1.1.1

I originally just copied pcr's config from this http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.s...ic.php?t=1835&highlight=pinnacle+remote+works thread and to my amazement it really worked with MP. But it had some missconfigurations (like the channel up button was set to record). So I started to dive in on the layout and soon I had reconfigured the remote to work in a much more logical way (atleast for me).

I have now a pretty good layout for the remote and I want to share it with you. I am sure there could be some more changes to it but it's works more than ok for me... :)

Just to make it easier to read the file I have made my own comments inside the file.

Code:
[default] 
; hardware ID: 
HWID=0 

key38=EXEC C:\Program\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe 
port=1

[title -] 
Media Portal -=Media Portal 

[Media Portal] 
;The Cursor Keys
key63=KEYBOARD UP ^UP 
;key127=KEYBOARD UP ^UP 
key62=KEYBOARD DOWN ^DOWN 
;key126=KEYBOARD DOWN ^DOWN 
key59=KEYBOARD RIGHT ^RIGHT 
;key123=KEYBOARD RIGHT ^RIGHT 
key61=KEYBOARD LEFT ^LEFT 
;key125=KEYBOARD LEFT ^LEFT 

;OK/Enter (Middle button)
key26=KEYBOARD ENTER+^ENTER

;Escape current view (Menu)
key29=KEYBOARD ESC+^ESC

;Toggle Fullscreen (Rectangle)
key45=KEYBOARD x+^x 

;Zoom (Zoom)
key30=KEYBOARD s+^s 

;Stop Playing (Stop)
key11=KEYBOARD b+^b 

;The number keys
key49=KEYBOARD 1+^1 
key50=KEYBOARD 2+^2 
key51=KEYBOARD 3+^3 
key52=KEYBOARD 4+^4 
key53=KEYBOARD 5+^5 
key54=KEYBOARD 6+^6 
key55=KEYBOARD 7+^7 
key56=KEYBOARD 8+^8 
key57=KEYBOARD 9+^9 
key58=KEYBOARD 0+^0 

;Context sensitive menu (P)
key46=KEYBOARD F9+^F9

;Show Information about selected item (I)
key43=KEYBOARD F3+^F3

;Change channel up (Up)
key23=KEYBOARD F8+^F8 

;Change channel down (Down)
key28=KEYBOARD F7+^F7

;Shut down Media Portal (Power Off)

;Play/Pause (Pause)
key21=KEYBOARD BLANK+^BLANK 

;Volume Down (repeating)
key79=KEYBOARD -+^- 

;Volume Up (repeating)
key91=KEYBOARD =+^= 

;Volume Down (Vol -)
key15=KEYBOARD -+^- 

;Volume Up (Vol +)
key27=KEYBOARD =+^= 

;Rewind (<<)
key14=KEYBOARD F5+^F5 

;Fast Forward (>>)
key7=KEYBOARD F6+^F6 

;Record current TV Program (Rec)
key39=KEYBOARD r+^r

I have yet to figure out a way to shut down MP (I tried to use "ALT+F4+^F4+^ALT" but strange things happened for me).

As you can see I am using the "P" and "I" buttons since I wanted to have some info and the context menu on the remote.

TheVideoViking

Portal Pro
November 30, 2004
Groningen, Netherlands
It's prettty cool, hé. All we have to do now is wait for a good myKeys plugin to jump right to the TV/Teletext (where is it gone to?)/Radio/EPG and an exit button (havent tried it yet). (Or is it allready there in 0.1.1.1? Still using the previous version).

[edit]
Just did a little check, and it seems to work. I do get al little problem with changing windows, but it can't tell wether it is due to MP or others stuff I'm running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom