Pipo X8 All in one PC (1 Viewer)

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Hi

I have now my pipo x8 PC, and thought it is a good idea to make a separate thread.

First impressions can be found here:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/the-official-pipo-x7-thread.129675/page-3

The device has a 7 Zoll Touch Display, 2gb ram and a Intel Z3736F Quad Core CPU.

So is a very small all in one pc.

It also dual boots android with win 8.1 or win10.

My setup/installation Procedure:

1. I run all updates on windows 8 (or8.1 o dont know for sure)
2. after that i installed dot net 3.5 via additional features (inside windows)
3. updated to windows 10

This all took about 5-10 hours (i was not all the time nearby the pc)

Tweaks:

Atached the tv via hdmi, so i had two displays, one with full hd (the tv) and the touchscreen of the device.
i needed to check the settings of the tv display more than once, because the refresh rate was wrong (59 vs 60)
Perhaps i can make a screenshot of this onetime

Set the display to not rotate automatically.
Automatic login etc...

than i installed mp2 and it worked out of the box with my microsoft receiver/remote: GREAT!

Tv seems to work also, but i dont now if the lav settings are right (or if i need the change the refreshrate again)
Should i use intel quick sync, dxva or what?

Usability/speed in the menu of mp2 seems a little bit slower than i am used to, but will try mp1 an check again.

I am still looking for usefull software for the second screen....

Standby seems to work here without problems,

Thats all for now will coem back here also with pictures hoepfully

Grüße

cubii

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Be carefull!

I bricked it , just by changing something in the bios, only the start up option from s0 from s5 and now it wont start anymore....

LEts see what gearbest is saying about it..

cubii

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I bricked it , just by changing something in the bios, only the start up option from s0 from s5 and now it wont start anymore....
    Open the case, remove the battery on the motherboard, wait some time, put it back and try to restart.

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Its soldered and i read in another forum, that this also does not help (freaktab) seems that that the biso informations are stored in the eeprom?...not in the cmos...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    seems that that the biso informations are stored in the eeprom?...not in the cmos...
    Even then the PC must be calling the BIOS routines to start up. What happens when you remove the power, attach a keyboard, put power back, swich on and constantly hit ESC and Delete? (Not sure which of the two will get you into the BIOS)

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    will tra seems to be funny ;-) (hitting the keyboard as hard as i can..:LOL:)
    but dont think it will help much...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom