Pivos XIOS (1 Viewer)

receiverbox

Portal Member
March 17, 2013
Regensburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi guys,

had the Pivos XIOS ordered and installed Linux XBMC Version (Beta Version from 2013-01-29). But unfortunately, streaming was not performed in good quality. (Med

Either need to wait for further software updates or the CPU is just too poor....

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Interesting.... I just learned about these devices today.

Can you elaborate on what you tried specifically? You said streaming... in what app? With what content?

Have you tried ampdroid on it to connect to MP?

It would be a shame if it were underpowered because it looks cool:

http://www.pivosgroup.com/xios.html

Cheers.

Geoff

Last edited:

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have one too. Haven't had time to play with it. I used the Linux firmware which boots you straight into XBMC. Limited testing showed that the Video Addons didn't work. Haven't logged in to the Pivos to find the logs yet.

receiverbox

Portal Member
    March 17, 2013
    Regensburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I actually, I put Linux with XBMC on it straigt away. I removed Android at once, as I've read boot up will take quite a long time. I had experiences with OpenELEC (XBMC direct boot based on LInux) and this should be similar.

Results TVHeadend streaming (Linux): No fluent stream at all
    DVBviewer (Windows) Streaming: Every 2 or 3 minutes, there were disturbing picture errors, image quality quite poor
    MediaPortal (Windows): Even worse than with DVBviewer...

Maybe that might change if they have a final Linux-XBMC-Image. But by today, it is still Beta-stadium...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom