Drek77

Portal Member
February 8, 2008
Started on: 2008-2-9
last update: 2008-2-9

Summary:
PLAY ALL/RANDOM

Description:

This is kind of an expansion of Risu's previous post but I like the idea and would like to see it expanded with a "Random" toggle.

I have alot of downloaded episodal television shows, this funtion may not be as handy for those who just have ripped movies. How hard would it be to implement a "Play All/Random" function which would take your current directory that you have navigated to and create a dynamic playlist from drilling down through available sub dirs to find all available media.

For example, I have a directory called "Television" which itself has sub dirs in the flavor of, "Star Trek," "MythBusters," "Heroes," etc... If I navigated to my "Television" dir and select "Play All" with a sub-button that can be toggled called "Random", you could have it play random episode of anything below the directory of "Televison". A random episode of the Simpsons, followed by a random Star Trek, etc.

Or, you could navigate one more directory downward into "MythBusters", and select "Play All/Random" and have it play random episodes of just that show.

This would save the trouble of having to do upkeep on playlists for those of us who use RSS episode downloaders, having to add each new episode manually once you get it, and also loading the playlist and manually clicking on shuffle... If you prefer to watch random episodes all the time, just keep the "Random" toggle selected all the time and click "Play All". :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom