Play music folder (1 Viewer)

Birrel01

Portal Member
November 28, 2005
Hello,

In older versions of Mp i could click play on a music folder and then the music started to play. In the latest version of Mp the player starts when i press play but with the first file in the folder. This is often a folder.jpg or a log.txt so it takes sometimes a while to start the music. I am using the Bass engine.

Greetz from Holland,

Frank.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome Frank :)

I have tried to reproduce the problem by adding some text files "aaa.txt" and "bbb.txt" to a music folder and then [in shares view] right clicking on the folder and selecting "play now" - the text files are not added to the playlist so there is no delay.

mm

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi :)

Almost all my CD folders have a folder.jpg.
    I also tested just now by switching to SHARES view and playing a folder, but it works as expected for me as well.

I even tried to reproduce your problem by adding .jpg as a music extension in MP Configuration. Then I receive a message "Unable to play folder.jpg". It is immediately skipped and the next track is played without delay.

So I agree with mm that all seems well. Maybe you want to elaborate a bit more and even add screenshots and logs to demonstrate your problem.

Birrel01

Portal Member
    November 28, 2005
    Hello,

First of all, Happy New Year. It seems that my problem is related to subfolders in some folders. I have some folders containing folders like CD1, CD2 etc. When i press start at the master folder nothing happens, but when i go to the subfolder the music starts to play.

Greetings and thanks for helping me out,

Frank.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Just tested that and it starts to play immediately.
    So again, maybe you should attach logs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom