Playing a movie from a shortcut? (2 Viewers)

Ronald Robertson

Portal Member
February 4, 2018
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
Does anyone know of a hack or plugin that would allow MP to play movies via a shortcut to the movie instead of the movie itself?

All of my movies are MKV and I have automation that I have written that polls my movie files and creates symbolic links in specific folders such as "Genre", "Most Recent", "High Def", etc... This way I can find and play a given movie file by means of multiple locations. Lately, I have been having a ton of issues with managing all these symbolic links and would rather just have my automation create shortcuts instead. The only problem is making MP play the movie by clicking on the shortcut.

Any advice is appreciated.

123vak123

Portal Pro
December 13, 2010
Minsk
Home Country
Belarus Belarus
Country flag
All of my movies are MKV and I have automation that I have written that polls my movie files and creates symbolic links in specific folders such as "Genre", "Most Recent", "High Def", etc...
The plugin MovingPictures can do it all. With the help of this plugin you can create different categories of your movies using different criteria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello to all, as requested by doskabouter I created the log and before posting it, I went through and one line caught my attention, apparently my music database had a problem. So I deleted (rename) and recreated the database, as I have a lot of tracks in my collection (+/- 90000 songs) I hate do do this because it's very longer but...
Hello to all, as requested by doskabouter I created the log and before posting it, I went through and one line caught my attention...
Hello to all I have been using MP for many years and my system had become +/- unstable, it was time to refresh it. So I...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
Replies
Views
Sad to see you replied so late, I've long since moved from 32bit to 64bit, so you've gone through all that trouble to help me for nothing. Thanks anyway. Emph
Sad to see you replied so late, I've long since moved from 32bit to 64bit, so you've gone through all that trouble to help me for...
************************************************* EDIT 2019-04-29: New version, see Gitlad for change log. Thank you SINCowboy So...
Replies
Views
Hi Owlsroost - thanks!! That's worked - I have set the service to run under the logged on user account and it works fine! I don't know what changed but its working and that's great Thanks again Paul
Hi Owlsroost - thanks!! That's worked - I have set the service to run under the logged on user account and it works fine! I don't...
Hi - I hope someone can help :) I have been using mediaportal1 for many years without problems - a couple of days ago I decided it...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom