Playing a movie from a shortcut? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Robertson

Portal Member
February 4, 2018
United States of America United States of America
Does anyone know of a hack or plugin that would allow MP to play movies via a shortcut to the movie instead of the movie itself?

All of my movies are MKV and I have automation that I have written that polls my movie files and creates symbolic links in specific folders such as "Genre", "Most Recent", "High Def", etc... This way I can find and play a given movie file by means of multiple locations. Lately, I have been having a ton of issues with managing all these symbolic links and would rather just have my automation create shortcuts instead. The only problem is making MP play the movie by clicking on the shortcut.

Any advice is appreciated.

123vak123

Portal Pro
December 13, 2010
Minsk
Belarus Belarus
Country flag
All of my movies are MKV and I have automation that I have written that polls my movie files and creates symbolic links in specific folders such as "Genre", "Most Recent", "High Def", etc...
The plugin MovingPictures can do it all. With the help of this plugin you can create different categories of your movies using different criteria.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M [solved] WTV Files does not play on client, MPEG files works well General 1
A [solved] How to Play All Videos in a List watch/edit Videos 3
horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not shuffle Fanart Handler 20
horned_reaper [solved] No Fanart when playing Fanart Handler 115
horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not appear immediately after downloading Fanart Handler 272
B MP 2.2.3 Error playing videos from NAS Submit: Bug Reports 2
N Play a TV recording needs a double selection - twice ok on remote Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
M MP 2.2.3 Unable to play .ts recordings and MediaPortal stops working for TV viewing General 31
Z Error when attempting to play Blu Ray General 1
Rob Hexenmeister Playing with hyperlinkParameter and List Control indexes General Support 2
C Problem playing videos created on IPhone X and Samsung S9 General Support 2
2BitSculptor MP 1.23.. music stops playing General Support 6
C Attempt to play DVD locks up MediaPortal watch/edit Videos 0
H Unable to play stream - again... Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
B Suddenly MP is unable to play anything Watch / Listen Media 6
Edwardfc [solved] Mp 2.2.1 Configuration Issues - Goes to Sleep while playing Music General 6
M After a while Live TV or Recorded TV doesn't play first time General Support 9
L [solved] MP2 doesnt play anything - player missing? General 1
badboyxx MP 1.22 final is crashing when jumping forward while playing DVD-Iso watch/edit Videos 26
S [solved] Live TV playing stopped General 13
Ralph Holmes [solved] MP2.2.1 can't play TV General 10
T [solved] "Unable To Play" (Videos) rears it's head again. Logs not possible... WatchDog error attached!! :( General Support 1
Terra Videos do not start playing on first attempt, always have to press play twice General Support 9
G [fixed] [MP2-786] Party Music Player can only play playlists with less than 1000 items 2.2 Archive 7
P [solved] TV server no longer saving to NAS - (can still play from NAS) General Support 2