Playing an album doesn't start with 1st track (1 Viewer)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 β
    MediaPortal Skin: Default
    Windows Version: W7 32b
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5050E
    HDD: Samsung 500GB SpinPoint F3 Sata II
    Memory: Apacer DDR2 PC6400 4096MB Passive
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
    Video Card: Asus EN8500GT Silent/HTP/256M
    Video Card Driver: 6.14.11.8250
    Sound Card: Onboard Realtek ALC889A
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5767
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge Win/TV PVR 350
    1. TV Card Type: Analog
    1. TV Card Driver: 1.18.21.23257
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion
    Cooling: Boxed cpu cooler & 2x120mm case fans
    Power Supply: Standard
    Remote: Hauppauge silver 45 buttons
    TV: Sony KV-29FX20B
    TV - HTPC Connection: (TV) Scart -> Scart convertor -> S-Video of EN8500GT

Hi,

I have a strange issue: when I play certain albums, they don't start with the first track but with some other and it always happens with the same albums.
    I'm using the shares view, items are sorted by name and the MusicDB Reorganisation plugin is configured to do a scan every day.

Any idea why it's like this?
    Thanks in advance!
    Peter

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi jameson,

I thought it would be an easy fix without struggling through logfiles. ;-)
    Here they are...

Just out of curiosity: how do use these logfiles? Do you really read the related ones from top to bottom?

Thanks for looking into it!

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just out of curiosity: how do use these logfiles? Do you really read the related ones from top to bottom?
    They contain data about what you have done but also things like settings you are using so I tend to attempt to read the bits that are needed...

Anyway you still have not explained what you are doing here? I take it you are going into a folder so that track listing is showing? Then you are pressing something (play, enter, ok, something else ??) to start playback which highlighting a track???

As this only happens with certain albums this would probably suggest it is related to the albums themselves so can you check if there is anything odd about them? (missing tags, different types etc)

I doubt it is related but there appears to be a problem with your folders database.
    Code:
    2011-07-14 17:41:02.695560 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :SQLite.NET.SQLiteException: SQLiteClient: FolderDatabase3.db3 cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:NOTADB detailed:file is encrypted or is not a database query:PRAGMA cache_size=4096
       at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.ThrowError(String statement, String sqlQuery, SqliteError err)
       at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.Execute(String query)
       at MediaPortal.Database.DatabaseUtility.SetPragmas(SQLiteClient m_db)
       at Databases.Folders.FolderSettingsSqlLite..ctor()
    I would suggest you delete this

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I use the 'i' button - have disabled the 'ok' to start a cd - on a folder which holds the tracks from 1 cd and select 'Play now'.
    The cd from the example is correctly tagged, the track numbers are added by double digits (xx/xx)
    File names are like this: %track%_-_%title%

Any idea what might be wrong with the folders database and what should be deleted because that code is a little bit cryptic to me.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I use the 'i' button - have disabled the 'ok' to start a cd - on a folder which holds the tracks from 1 cd and select 'Play now'.
    The cd from the example is correctly tagged, the track numbers are added by double digits (xx/xx)
    File names are like this: %track%_-_%title%

Any idea what might be wrong with the folders database and what should be deleted because that code is a little bit cryptic to me.

OK, no idea what is going on with folder database but it seems to be corrupted.
    See Folder/File Locations - MediaPortal Wiki
    delete folderdatabase3.db3 from that folder

I don't think that will solve your issue but appears to be an issue.

Can you send me a copy of music files (send me a PM) and I will have a look. When playing a folder the tracks are sorted by album artist, then album name, then disc ID, then track number

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Just sent you a PM with your request.
    I have found and deleted that db3 file in the meantime.

Edit: that specific album was always starting with track 6 before and since - I think yesterday, when I rescanned from within MP (settings, music, reorganize) - it starts with track 10

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Just sent you a PM with your request.
    I have found and deleted that db3 file in the meantime.

Edit: that specific album was always starting with track 6 before and since - I think yesterday, when I rescanned from within MP (settings, music, reorganize) - it starts with track 10

When you play a folder the contents are sorted by album artist then album then disc# then track#.

In the example files you sent me all the tracks have disc# = 1 expect for track 10 which does not have a value set. This is why playback is starting at track 10.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Aaaaaah, that's what you meant by "disc ID" in
    When playing a folder the tracks are sorted by album artist, then album name, then disc ID, then track number
    Sorry for keeping you busy for such a stupid mistake! :oops:

I got tagging mixed up by using different programs and apparently somehow that disc n° got into the tags - I normally don't use a 1/1 disc number.
    Was using tag & rename but has some shortcomings so for some tagging I also used foobar.
    Now I started using mp3tag and after getting used to it, it seems a better option.

THANKS A LOT for helping here and well, at least 'you got to know an album' - in case you didn't yet. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom