Playing one song at a time (1 Viewer)

Wadsbrau

May 1, 2008
I use a Nokia internet tablet to Remote desktop into the PC. Most of the time I really only want to play one song from an album and then another from a different one. Media Portal will automatically play the next song.
I found that using "P" will do this. However, my Nokia will really only accept cursor movement using arrows and the enter key to select an item.

Is there any way to configure MP to accept "enter" as the method for playing a single song and nothing more?

Thank you

Darren

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Well "Enter" does the same. It starts playing the selected song and then continues with the next one.
    i see no other way, than using playlists for that.
    You would need to map the enter key to "add to playlist", but that might cause other troubles later.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This has confused me too (also a few other things in improvements forum about how playing music can be a little confusing)

I would expect that when you click on an individual track that either
    1 - it adds the track to the end of the now playing list (ie. not a true playlist in that once you close everything this is gone)
    2 - it replaces the existing playing now list with just the current tune

If you click on an album I would expect
    1 - the whole album to be added to the now playing list
    2 - the album to replace the existing now playing list (and I would probably also expect a play all button when browsing album tracks)

To select a single track and then have it move on through the album is confusing.

I know I have mentioned it once or twice ;) but Meedio did this really really well. It basically has a toggle between play mode and playlist mode. From above playlist mode would do 1 and play mode 2. You could then go to the now playing screen which would have a number of different content items (sort of like a tabbed screen) where you could flick through album art, visualisation, track info and playlist (which would give you the option to save as a real playlist)

This the only thing left that Meedio has over MP and would really love for it to be improved one day. Making the process of managing (and selecting) what is playing slicker would make MP the dogs danglies amongst all media centre front ends :D

Wadsbrau

May 1, 2008
    I currently use myHTPC. Which is the free original version of Meedio. It handles what I mentioned. If you "enter" once, it adds the track to the playlist. You see that by a dot placed next to the song. If you "enter" again, it removes the song from the playlist (dot is gone) but continues playing only that song and the stops. I would really like to move up to something more "modern". But net being able to play a single song from my Nokia n800 (remote desktop) is a deal breaker.

Just FYI
    Darren

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom