Playlists Selection Menu (1 Viewer)

Mars_BCN

Portal Member
November 18, 2011
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi, I'm using MP 1.4, Titan Extended Skin. Whenever I try to select a playlist in the Music section, the items seem to be orederd by date of creation. Is it possible to change this criteria and show playlists ordered by its name?

Help would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Marc

jehe

Portal Pro
February 15, 2011
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi Mars_BCN,

So, you create several playlists and these are not sorted alphabetically?
Can you post a screenshot?

Mars_BCN

Portal Member
November 18, 2011
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi jehe,

Thanks for your replay. Yes, I have several playlists stored in the seleceted folder and they all seem to be sorted by date of creation (newest to oldest), rather than alphabetically. Is this the expected behaviour?

Here goes a screenshot:

Screenshot.jpg

Kind Regards,

Marc

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Quite simply playlist functionality inside of MP is not great and it is something I have never had time to improve.

One option I think is to setup a music folder with your playlists in a browse to that in shares view. You should be then able to sort based on name, date etc.

Mars_BCN

Portal Member
    November 18, 2011
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi jameson_uk,

Thank You for your response. The problem is that I have set the Data Base view as default and I don't know how to revert to the Shares View.

- Is there a way to have both views active for music, so one can browse by tag field and also by folder? In the views configurator I Can't see a way to select the root or folder to create a new view:

Screenshot.jpg

Regards,

Marc

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In the option to change views (eg. Between album and artist or year) the top option is folder view. If you set the default folder to your playlist folder then you can switch between them

Mars_BCN

Portal Member
    November 18, 2011
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Ahh, Now I see!! I couldn't find the "Share" view, so I've changed GUI's languaje from Catalan to English in order to upload a screenshot of what I had in the menu, and then I realized that there was a confusing translation:

Catalan Languaje.jpg

The first item in the list "Cançons" means "Songs", nothing to do with shares, folders or root.

English Languaje.jpg

Now I understand, and your suggested option works exactly as I want, sorting playlists by its file name:

Playlists.jpg

Jean, jameson_uk, Thank You very much for your time and help :).

Regards,

Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom