Please bring back instantskip in seconds. | Page 2

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by sono, December 19, 2017.

1. Neville

Neville Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi I am using Mp2 for a month or so and it is great thanks!
    I would just like to add my support fo the above

This very useful in Mp1 as you cannot order the skip steps in anything other than increasing order so to get 4 minutes (length of our adverts generally) you have to go through the button pushes of shorter steps.

Set up in Mp1 was "instant" set to 4 minutes and "skip steps" to 15,30,60,120 sec etc
    So adverts = one button push. Move on a bit for boring news day skip steps say 2 button pushes for 30 sec...

thanks
    Neville

• Like Like x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sono

sono Portal Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hi,
    just after sometime off, I was now able to test again. The 1% instant skip is just a workaround just because in live TV percentages result in moving targets: if the buffer is short you only skip a few milliseconds. Once you watch a while it is getting longer (for sure works as designed --> percentage of time watched). Thus you cannot really jump that exactly back and forth.
    @morpheus_xx: I understand that it is not possible to implement before release 2.2, but I really would appreciate if it will be taken into consideration in release 2.2.

Many thanks for all the treatment so far.
    BR Sonos

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!