[TV] Please clean up deleted TV recordings from DB. (1 Viewer)

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Usually - I see some TV recordings at office, using SMplayer in Linux , then I delete the files from TV folder..
    (The Mediaportal in livingroom is the only thing infected with windows, so I don't use MP as client)

The deleted episodes are not automatically removed from DB, instead, the feature to remove them is in TV config, needs to be run manually, and each show with missing file(s) must be confirmed.

Please add a "clean up" daily.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Al_Capone, we used to have an automatic cleanup that ran when you enter the TV section inside MediaPortal. It was disabled because people using NAS informed us that the function was removing all their recordings if/when their NAS was offline/sleeping. The same issue would apply for your suggestion. Do you have any thoughts about what can be done to implement your suggestion while at the same time satisfying people that use NAS?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you have any thoughts about what can be done to implement your suggestion while at the same time satisfying people that use NAS?
    Maybe making this a selectable option that you can tick or untick? This way, people who want their TVServer clean up the db at startup would tick it (and would need to live with undesired side effects as described by you).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, true... however it is always my preference to avoid adding options whenever possible. I was wondering if any other possibilities existed. :)

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yes please. Make it selectable option.
    I know that it was working before, long time ago now, - and it will work just fine for me, because the main media center in the living room is where TV recordings are stored, it's on 24/7/365 , it's even on UPS power, so enabling it will solve the issue just fine as the files are always accessible.[DOUBLEPOST=1439460999][/DOUBLEPOST]mm1352000 - if you don't want another option the logic would be:
    for each DB entry for a certain TV_folder:
    if (file in DB exists) { for each DB entry (for this TV_folder && if file_not_found) delete DB entry }
    (end "for" once cleaned this TV folder)

there, I hope you understood my mess :)
    see if any file in DB is found, if not - then don't delete. - This should make everybody happy. ?

Last edited:

_Flo_

January 16, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    +1 from me.

Any progress since August last year?
    For the time being, would it be an option to put the cleanup procedure in an own executable ? With this, users would have all options to use it within scripts to ensure availability of the recorded file storage.

Cheers,

Flo

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes please. Make it selectable option.
    I know that it was working before, long time ago now, - and it will work just fine for me, because the main media center in the living room is where TV recordings are stored, it's on 24/7/365 , it's even on UPS power, so enabling it will solve the issue just fine as the files are always accessible.[DOUBLEPOST=1439460999][/DOUBLEPOST]mm1352000 - if you don't want another option the logic would be:
    for each DB entry for a certain TV_folder:
    if (file in DB exists) { for each DB entry (for this TV_folder && if file_not_found) delete DB entry }
    (end "for" once cleaned this TV folder)

there, I hope you understood my mess :)
    see if any file in DB is found, if not - then don't delete. - This should make everybody happy. ?

That is the check done before :)
    But Imagine this check is made while NAS or HDD spin up, TVServer check the file (offline at the scan check) and removed it from DB and while NAS is ready and UP, no more record in db lol.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think we just have to check whether the recordings folder is accessible. If it is the NAS must be up and OK. May be creating a temp file and delete it.

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Why not do a scan every time the Tv section is entered, if nas is offline the recordings aren't shown, then when it comes online when the tv section is entered again they are added again. Not sure what the performance hit would be though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom