Please help! Need some info about Hauppauge PVR 150! (1 Viewer)

M

metalmasterx

Hi,

if you, dear reader of this post, own a Hauppauge PVR 150 card and use Win XP, could you please look up something for me in your Windows Device Manager and post it here?
Please go to Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager->Sound, Video and Game controllers->Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx)->Properties (=second tab).
Which "Multimedia devices" do you see in the list? I have only Audio devices here. Do you have video devices?

Background:

I just bought such a Hauppauge PVR 150 card. But I have some trouble installing it. The driver installs fine (no exclamation marks in device manager or something), but I cannot install Hauppauges WinTV software. It always says "GetHDL failed" in the setup, whetever this means.

As I have tried the card in two different PCs with no luck, I assume it's a hardware defect. Maybe the video part of the card is not working, and therefore not listed in the device manager. To confirm this, I need this info from you...

Please help!

Thanks, metalmasterx

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

I've got the same card (kind of), and I've only got the "audio capture" device listed there as well. My card is functioning properly though.

Installing the drivers for this thing is a fuzz. IMHO Hauppauge could have done a better job there... Did you follow the exact installation instructions for this card? If not, check hauppauge's website for the specific card type you have and search for the installation instructions.

Maybe you're trying to install the codecs/applications, but missed installing the driver update? That one is required before you can install the codecs/applications. Also, if you've bought the MCE version of the PVR-150, you shouldn't be installing the codecs/applications anyway.

Good luck,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom