[Rejected] Please include the possibility to use DVB-T cards with DVB-C (yes it can be done on some cards) (1 Viewer)

Zeze21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 12, 2010
    BY
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi@all
    this might go out to the developer of the slimTV Plugin... anyways the following is the case:
    I have a TV Card with DVB-S2 DVB-T support (and i think analog cable) anyways with DVB-Viewer I was always able to receive DVB-C with this card (which is very sweet given that real DVB-C cards are quite expensive)
    With help of @mm1352000 I was able to receive those channels also with MP1 (until i had to reinstall my harddrive and forgot to save the dll he made for me.... :/)
    And for all of you who do not believe me: Here is the Thread in which @mm1352000 confirms that this works (he has seen it working on my pc via teamviewer) https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/cable-card-problem-feature.114718

So what i have been thinking is... (if it is possible...) to add a checkbox for those who have cards like me (actually i have a couple of dvb-t sticks which are able to do the same) to enable this (without any guarantee that it works or devices won't get damaged etc)

Why you ask?
    Well simple... for once those cards are fairly cheap (bought mine for 25€) and we could start a list of which cards/sticks work
    so... please please...pretty please :D

Zeze21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 12, 2010
    BY
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That puts me in a very sad state... but if someone could recompile it (i do not have the necessary skills or even the free hard disc space to install all the things needed) and give me the dll I'd be happy to host the dll for everyone to download it who needs it (both for mp1 and mp2)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom