[Plugin] BBC Weather (1 Viewer)

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yay!! That's the one! Installs perfectly. Thanks again Cheezey, great plugin!

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Wierd - the attached one was just a zip of the installer I uploaded to GC, must be a caching issue. I'll delete the zip, hopefully others weill be OK with the GC file.

wolluf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2007
    Home Country
    I replied to the email - not sure if you got that. Works fine on the default wide and avalon and mustayaluca. PurevisionHDBlue gave a missing xml file, so I tried copying the default wide bbc xml file into purevisionhdblue. But that either errors or doesn't display properly. Thanks very much for this

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    @ cheezey, thanks for the update...
    Three requests if it's not too much trouble:
    (1) I see that you moved the web page downloads to the MP cache folder, thanks. Could you also move the overlay.png that appears in the Skin\Media\BBCWeather folder?
    (2) There is a quick "flash" of the last images and weather information, on initial load, before the information is updated, could this be fixed, or is it something with my system?
    (3) Could BBCWeather update it's data at MP launch and have a configurable refresh interval?
    :D

dmcaloney

Portal Member
    October 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    doesnt seem to work on StreamedMP skin (says there is a missing BBCWeather.xml file). Is that correct or am I just missing a file?

Cheers.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    (1) I see that you moved the web page downloads to the MP cache folder, thanks. Could you also move the overlay.png that appears in the Skin\Media\BBCWeather folder?
    (2) There is a quick "flash" of the last images and weather information, on initial load, before the information is updated, could this be fixed, or is it something with my system?
    (3) Could BBCWeather update it's data at MP launch and have a configurable refresh interval?

I'll have a look.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    doesnt seem to work on StreamedMP skin (says there is a missing BBCWeather.xml file). Is that correct or am I just missing a file?

Cheers.

I provide the Default & DefaultWide skin files as required as plugin developer. I also provide Avalon and BlackGlass skin files because I use them. Any other skin files need to come from the skin developers.

dmcaloney

Portal Member
    October 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

Cheers.

I provide the Default & DefaultWide skin files as required as plugin developer. I also provide Avalon and BlackGlass skin files because I use them. Any other skin files need to come from the skin developers.

Ah right. Thanks for the explanation, and thats fair enough if you dont use that skin.

Shame as I like the plug in and the streamedMP skin but I am not clever enough to marry the two up myself! :D

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country

Cheers.

Ah right. Thanks for the explanation, and thats fair enough if you dont use that skin.

Shame as I like the plug in and the streamedMP skin but I am not clever enough to marry the two up myself! :D

You could always put a request in on the StreamedMP forum to support the plugin, the devs probably aren't aware of it.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country

(1) Done.
    (2) Which skin do you use? I get a flash (and some other wierd behaviour) with Avalon.
    (3) It already updates its info at MP launch. Just working on the configurable refresh interval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom