[Plugin] BBC Weather (1 Viewer)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, I would love to use this plugin but it doesn't support StreamedMP, any chance it could be developed to be used with StreamedMP?

Kind regards.

This is usually the other way around ;) Request support for the BBC plugin in the StreamedMP forum.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
I've uploaded v0.4.1.58 which should fix the InfoService day/night images. There's no fancy pants longitude/latitude sunrise/sunset calculations - just set the hour to start/end daylight in the config. :D

Look for the update in MPEI.

Happy Christmas!

cbe37

Portal Member
August 18, 2011
Home Country
England England
I have entered Wolverhampton as my location, but the weather displayed is for Stafford! Have also tried WV8 with same result.

Entering either value on the BBC site gives the correct result.

Am using v0.4.1.58 with MP1.2.2

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
The BBC have updated their weather site since this plugin was written which means that the plugin doesn't always reflect the current BBC site content. I'm in th eprocess of updating the plugin to work with the new site, expect an update in a few weeks.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
The BBC have updated their weather site since this plugin was written which means that the plugin doesn't always reflect the current BBC site content. I'm in th eprocess of updating the plugin to work with the new site, expect an update in a few weeks.

Nice one cheezey, look forward to the update. Has anyone else's weather icons disappeared on the home screen btw? My icons have gone awol in the top right hand corner and at the bottom centre and have been replaced with n/a. The plugin itself still seems to work tho.

PCSentianl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Hope I'm not standing on any toes, but if you want to use this with StreamedMP then

copy the 'BBCWeather' folder from the ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\DefaultWide\Media to
    ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP

copy BBCWeather folder from ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\DefaultWide\Media\animations to
    ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\ StreamedMP \Media\animations

and copy the attached bbcweather.xml to the ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP

Cheezey et al please feel free

I have only tested this on MP 1.3 and latest StreamedMP

n.b. no liability is accepted

Attachments

• BBCWeather.xml
      57.1 KB
    Last edited:

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi,
    this plugin no longer seems to work for me (which is a pity as I really like it). The weekly and daily sections just display a page of holes (no icons or weather info). Is it just me?

Thanks

Andy

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi,
    this plugin no longer seems to work for me (which is a pity as I really like it). The weekly and daily sections just display a page of holes (no icons or weather info). Is it just me?

If you need a solution on short term, open "MediaPortal Extension Installer" -> "Known Extensions" -> WorldWeather (or Lite)

As to which combination of provider works best for you regarding hourly/daily/weekly information, that I do not know, but is easy to find out. It is a mix between providers you can use as-is, and once you have to sign up at first to create an account. I am fine myself with today/weekly info, so I use a provider mix that worked without signing up.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Hi,

Thanks

Andy

Hi

Stopped about a week ago - BBC update to site/data format I assume. As RoChess says, WorldWeather [I prefer Lite version] will do trick, but not as nice as Cheezey's :(

Cheers - J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom