[Plugin] [CLOSED] WOL-PowerManager (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seppi2204

Portal Pro
December 8, 2010
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
After some hours of work i'm glad to release a new Alpha release of the WOL-Powermanager 0.5.0.

-> The version implements the new bugfix of GJC for the SocketException-bug. Hopefully this has been fixed now ;-)
-> The IP and Subnet mask is now also configurable. You can also configure the WOL-Port. THX to Guzzi!
-> I implemented the feature request of Luca Brasi (issue). It's now possible to add a batch/executable to the wake-up process.
There are two ways to start the Executable:
ADDITIONALLY. This will run the exe right after the WOL-Packaga has been sent.​
INSTEAD, this one will skip sending a wol-package and just run your batch.​
Please give me some feedback, so i can build a final release very soon.

Attachments

• WOLPowerManager.zip
    96.3 KB
Last edited:

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi seppi,

thanks! Thats great! I'm on vacation right now so I won't be able to test the next few days, but I will check it as soon I am back home...

Luca

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Have installed v0.5. All is working as expected. Only the batch/executable function I did not test now as I don't need them. If I find the time i will do some tests later...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Please give me some feedback, so i can build a final release very soon.

Hi seppi, suggest that when you do, create a new thread with a link to this one and then this thread can be closed and you start with clean sheet.

Regards

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi seppi,

I have never tried WOL Power Manager before until tonight, but I thought I would give it a try. It works really well! Great work.

The only problem I had, is that the plugin config screen window that allows you to select a remote key press to wake-up another PC is too small, and it is impossible to read the whole string and find the button you are looking for. Would it be possible to make this dropbox longer (or make it so that the length changes if the whole config window is made bigger).

Cheers

Robbo100

seppi2204

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2010
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi seppi,

I have never tried WOL Power Manager before until tonight, but I thought I would give it a try. It works really well! Great work.

The only problem I had, is that the plugin config screen window that allows you to select a remote key press to wake-up another PC is too small, and it is impossible to read the whole string and find the button you are looking for. Would it be possible to make this dropbox longer (or make it so that the length changes if the whole config window is made bigger).

Cheers

Robbo100

Thanks for your feedback. :)
    I've taken your suggestion and will release it on the final version.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi seppi,

so I'm back from vacation and finally got the opportunity to test. First, thank you very much for the new feature again.
    Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work. The batches specified in the plugin's settings won't be executed. I inserted a "pause" at the end of the batches to check
    if they would run when entering the plugin in question. They didn't (they work fine if I run them manually). I configured wol power manager with two plugins, one is set to run a bat in addition, the other should run instead of the wol. One thing came to my mind: The server was already running while testing, so won't wol power manger run the bat if the server is already present?
    I don't know what I can do to help you figure this out, so I will attach a full set of logs, one of the .bats and a screenshot of my settings.

There is one more thing: When you want to edit one of the plugin entries you can hit the edit button. But then there will be no save or update button like on the server tab. So all your changes will be lost... Or is this any kind of error 40 on my account?

Thank you very much in advance
    Luca

Attachments

• screen - mms - 2012-09-18 - 000.jpg
      screen - mms - 2012-09-18 - 000.jpg
      69.3 KB
    • server_disable_keep_alive.bat.txt
      138 bytes

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again seppi,

it looks like my testing wasn't thorough enough...
    The plugin tvseries which is set to run the bat in addition worked well. The lightsout client changed to "Keep server alive" which was intended.
    So I had a look in my task manager and there where a lot of cmds running. Do you run them in hidden mode so I won't see cmd ever although I inserted the pause? This is of course fine with me for the final, it just undermined my testing strategy...
    The other plugin 4tr-home did run the bat as well, but there was no change in the lightsout client. I double checked the bat, it is running fine on manual trigger. This plugin is set to run instead of the wol... Please see the screenshots.
    So I wondered what could provoke this and had the bat send an command to eventghost (I didn't manage to let the bat write a log). It was the same for both plugins which leads me to the conclusion that both plugins will run the same bat although they are set to run different ones. This will even occur when I put the bats in different folders...

Attachments

• screen - mms - 2012-09-18 - 001.jpg
      screen - mms - 2012-09-18 - 001.jpg
      39.1 KB
    • screen - mms - 2012-09-18 - 002.jpg
      screen - mms - 2012-09-18 - 002.jpg
      39.1 KB
    Last edited:

seppi2204

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2010
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Luca,
    Thanks for testing the current version. You are right the plugin runs the shell in hidden mode. I already implemented in the alpha, because I think it's the usual behaviour which also should be tested in an alpha release. For your testing purposes I made a debug version which shows the shell command in foreground.
    But nevertheless you were right with giving me a hint, that the plugin runs the wrong batch files. There was a small bug with the indices (That explains the weird behaviour ;-)) This should now be fixed. Please check it with this version (ver. 0.5.0.1)
    The Edit button has been improved. As you stated above, it would be better to have an update button. The same as in the Server tab to get a coherent interface.

I hope it's now working properly. I'm glad to get your feedback soon :)

Attachments

• WOL-PowerManager 0.5.0.1.zip
      239.5 KB

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi seppi!

thanks! This is great work man! I had a first look which was really pleasant cause everything worked well and I could trace that nicely with the debug version...
    I will have a closer look tomorrow and report back to you...

Thanks again!
    Luca

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom