Do you guys want this plugin ?

• Total voters

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Dear developers, I had a great idea for a new TVServer Plugin. The only problem is that it will be usefull only for Hauppauge HDPVR/Colossus users.

Hauppauge add lot of new features in their last driver. They called them "resolution downscaling" and "frame rate downscaling". It pushes my MediaPortal experience on an other level. Since my netbook performance is really weak, i am not able to watch my 1080i content from my STB. But with this new driver, the colossus can downscale the resolution in real-time to 640 x 360 for my netbooks need. And it really works well.

My plugin idea is that I would like to tell the TVserver that; when "netbook-pc" uses colossus, downscale to 640 x 360. And if it's "hometheatre-pc" or "kilik360-pc" let it at 1080i.

Tell me guys if i'm dreaming or if it's a good idea. And of course, I have no skills in the area.
    That's why i'm telling you my need and I hope someone will like to make it a reality. I'll be of course your day2day beta tester.

thanks and keep up the good work.

Attachments

• hauppauge.video.scaler.jpg
      hauppauge.video.scaler.jpg
      83.6 KB
    Last edited:

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi mm thanks for the answer, yes it transcode but you need a good PC to transcode on the fly. And its a WebGUI not the real mediaportal. The difference here is that MPextended uses the serverPC CPU to downscale and the plugin I suggest tells the colossus to downscale.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I should also say that I'm working with Hauppauge to add/fix the quality control support for the Colossus... meaning you could set the bitrate related settings in that popup... although it is not per-user like you want. AIUI MPExtended is totally source independent, so you could set up some kind of profile for the netbook (viewing through MPExtended) and stick with regular MP on the main home theatre setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom