[plugin] PlayOn - Hulu, NetFlix Support (1 Viewer)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just a question at this point... Is anyone actively working on a PlayOn plugin for MP? If not, I will be happy to take on the project. I would love to have native Netflix & Hulu support within MP (I've seen this work in the new Sage Beta 7.)

Thoughts?

Wile E.

hioctane

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [plugin] PlayOn - Hulu, NetFlix Support

Hi WileECoyote,

why developing a new plugin? Why dont you integrate it in Onlinevideos? We searching developer from U.S. since we are blocked out from US pages.
    We have all you need to implement this. Checkout our source @ Source Checkout - mp-onlinevideos2 - Project Hosting on Google Code and have a look at ArtePlus7Util.cs, its a good start. If you have questions P.M me

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Re: AW: [plugin] PlayOn - Hulu, NetFlix Support

Hi WileECoyote,

why developing a new plugin? Why dont you integrate it in Onlinevideos? We searching developer from U.S. since we are blocked out from US pages.
    We have all you need to implement this. Checkout our source @ Source Checkout - mp-onlinevideos2 - Project Hosting on Google Code and have a look at ArtePlus7Util.cs, its a good start. If you have questions P.M me

Hi hioctane,
    Essentially PlayOn does all the work for us. You install the PlayOn server on your media center machine, and you can access your Hulu account, Netflix account, Youtube account etc... from one API. The Other plus is I think you can play video's directly within MP (currently we need a custom browser for the Netflix & Hulu apps.)

Edit: Thanks for the info, I will download the Online Video's app and take a look. I will PM you and let you know if I have any questions.

Hulu support would be very nifty.

I all ready have a great Netflix plugin, though.

:)

Hey Jmvaughn,
    Yea, the only downside is the API only gets access to the Instant part of your NetFlix account. I guess I could combine that along with the NetFlix API to give other features (such as browsing your other queue's & adding movies to the queue.)

I will play with it some this weekend and see what all is possible. I just wanted to make sure no one else is working on a PlayOn solution before I started (I dont want to step on anyone's toes.)

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Even though PlayOn looks great I think it would be better to have "native" support in OnlineVideos, the reason is that PlayOn is a paid service for all the good things.

Jdruin

Portal Member
    September 4, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Home Country
    I for one truly enjoy Playon. I have been very tempted to buy sagetv just for this support. Now that being said, there is already a upnp browser for Mediaportal. If the content could be played, it would be the killer app to keep me using MePo for a very long time.

TE5LA

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Hulu support would be very nifty.

I all ready have a great Netflix plugin, though.

:)
    What great Netflix plugin do you have? Because the only one I can find doesn't work for me. It just opens a browser outside of MP and asks me to login again but doesn't accept my credentials.

dweisass

January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Did anyone ever build this plugin? PlayOn seems like it would centralize a TON of external pay content through one solid plugin in MP instead of having an individual plugin for each service.

Having all this content available via streaming inside MP would be awesome in my opinion: http://www.playon.tv/channels

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom