Plugin support (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I almost completed the BlueVision skin for Online Videos. Attached you can find a preview.
    OV_home.jpg OV_sites.jpg OV_categories.jpg OV_categories_2.jpg OV_videos.jpg

In case no thumbnail is available the BlueVision Container with content description is appearing.
    Descriptions appear in the footer area. For the moment I didn't apply rounded corners and left thumbs as they are.

Question to @offbyone
    The structure is SITE --> CATEGORY --> VIDEO
    Could it be possible to get the superior information by your code? Currently, when scrolling in the videos, I can not see in which site or category I am.
    It's not a must, just a nice to have I'd like to add :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    In this case I'll skip BV branches and leave them to you.
    I'm doing merges of other pending branches right now.
    I've cleaned up the BV skin for the weather skin in GitHub. Later after my TV program is finished I gonna push also the BV skin for OnlineVideos to BV_v5 branch. Hope thats the correct place, since the original branch of OV is not on GitHub as far as I remember.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Testversion of Bluevision skin for onlinevideos.
    Please extract to "MediaPortal-2\Client\Plugins\OnlineVideos\Skin\"

There is generally one problem existing also in BlueVision main skin. Rounded corners look only well, when applied to stretched images (Fill, UniformToFill). Using Uniform will make the mask filling the gaps with white or black depending on the method the mask is applied.
    Unbenannt.jpg
    For some reasons a mask can not be applied to only the visible part of a picture. This seems to be a weak part of WPF

Attachments

• Onlinevideos_BlueVision.7z
      15.4 KB
    Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For some reasons a mask can not be applied to only the visible part of a picture.
    Yes, this is normal:
    the control dimension is the full rectangle, where the mask is applied. How the texture is placed into this control is defined by the "Stretch" property, but it has no affect to the control's size.

You can only solve this, if the control has no fixed size and occupies only the size of its content. And then you have to use an OpacityMask using another "Rounded Rectangle" as shape, not a bitmap.

I've done this inside ApolloOne home screen tiles, they are of different sizes, but rounded corners are applied in correct aspect ratio.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    For some reasons a mask can not be applied to only the visible part of a picture.
    Yes, this is normal:
    the control dimension is the full rectangle, where the mask is applied. How the texture is placed into this control is defined by the "Stretch" property, but it has no affect to the control's size.

You can only solve this, if the control has no fixed size and occupies only the size of its content. And then you have to use an OpacityMask using another "Rounded Rectangle" as shape, not a bitmap.

I've done this inside ApolloOne home screen tiles, they are of different sizes, but rounded corners are applied in correct aspect ratio.
    I already switched in BV all masks using borders or rectangles instead of bitmaps. So everything is aspect ratio independent. But your words about the flexible control size made an idea come up in my mind.
    In grid view the grid dimensions are fixed, because valid not for only one item, but many. When I add into each grid another grid 3x3 and set height/width for the centered one to Auto and for the others to "*" the centered grid should be "flexible" if an image with Uniform property is added to it, won't it? When I add additionally a mask to the centered grid, it should theoretically work ...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    I already switched in BV all masks using borders or rectangles instead of bitmaps. So everything is aspect ratio independent. But your words about the flexible control size made an idea come up in my mind.
    In grid view the grid dimensions are fixed, because valid not for only one item, but many. When I add into each grid another grid 3x3 and set height/width for the centered one to Auto and for the others to "*" the centered grid should be "flexible" if an image with Uniform property is added to it, won't it? When I add additionally a mask to the centered grid, it should theoretically work ...
    I just tried it and it works! :D With above I have mentioned for any type of picture aspect ratio rounded corners can be applied also with stretch method "Uniform".
    This solves lot of problems and I can overwork the skin accordingly. For videos and images section it will be beneficial, since aspect ratios are flexible and currently posters are deformed to fit into the grids.

Here examples how the original aspect ratio is kept with rounded corners within defined grid dimensions.
    example1.jpg example2.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    @offbyone
    I would like to add the site logo in all hierachy levels (sites, categories, videos, ..) in the bottom right corner.
    HTML:
            <Image Stretch="Uniform"
           Source="{Binding path=SelectedSite, Converter={ThemeResource ovsSiteUtilIconConverter}}"/>
    This code does not work, because the Converter is not known in Sites.xaml. But even after adding the same resources as from ovsSiteMangement.xaml, where I found similar code, it does not work.
    Do you have a hint? :) Thanks!

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm might be a question for @morpheus_xx - I am not too familiar with the resource lookup.

Did you copy the namespace definition as well:
    Code:
    xmlns:ovs="clr-namespace:OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2;assembly=OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2"

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think this is the reason why skin files needs to be placed inside the plugin which has the code:
    If you put in an assembly reference this way, the lookup considers all loaded assemblies. Of course BlueVision doesn't have (and must not have) any direct depency to another plugin.
    Could you try to place your modified skin files under OV2 plugin first to see if they are working from this location?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom