Plugin tutorial works under 0.1.3 but not 0.2.0 RC1 (1 Viewer)

JRNeher

Portal Member
August 29, 2005
I have been wanting to try my hand at some plugins. I have been going through Frodo's "How to start writing your own plugin part 1" and it has been very useful. I followed the tutorial with 0.1.3 sources and it worked fine, I could see the plugin in configuration and all was well. Now that I upgraded everything to 0.2.0 RC1 I cannot get anything to work. I didn't save my old dll file. I started fresh and followed the instructions like I did for 0.1.3 and everything appears like it should work. I don't get any errors, I have the dll file and move it to the folder that I am supposed to, but when I go into configuration, there is no plugin. Is this because of 0.2.0 or is it something that I am doing? I would really like to find out what the problem is so that I can advance to more interesting things. Thanks for your help!

Jake

MrSensitive

Portal Pro
May 18, 2004
Belgium
You probably have to recompile your DLL against the new Core.dll..

Edit:
Sorry, didn't read your post very well, did You say you started from scratch with the new release? are you sure that your references are really pointing to the new release?

JRNeher

Portal Member
August 29, 2005
Yeah, I have made sure that I am pointing to the right core. I do not have 0.1.3 on my computer anymore. I am starting from scratch. I don't have the 0.1.3 plugin that I made before on my computer. Any other suggestions??

Thanks!

Jake

JRNeher

Portal Member
August 29, 2005
I got it working. After CAREFULLY going over my code I found one little mistake that messed everything up. Now on to more exciting things! :D

Thanks!

Jake

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom