splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi tomtom,

yes I have read these posts, but I had the impression that these plugins died a long time ago.

I agree with you that a learning and adaptive tv guide would be a great thing to have. I have worked on that matter in another project before some time ago. My experience is that this depends very much on good tagging. In my opinion, the tagging provided by tv guides is often not very efficient, especially when you look at the dvb epg. The tags are very general and often misleading. Also, when a person likes to watch let's say documentations, there is still a large variety of kinds. I believe this method will never be as precise as keywords, perhaps combined with a thesaurus.

However I think that tag based suggestions, derived from the aggregated viewing statistics, should be easy enough to integrate.

It would be helpful to me to have some documentation on the mp tv server data model and access methods. Perhaps you can point me to something? I haven't been able to find anything useful yet.

Cheers,
    splatterpop

splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi everyone,

I made a new version of the tvbits plugin based on tomtom's input.

It now includes suggestions based on the user's viewing history, from which the 5 most often viewed genres are extracted, and matching programs with a star rating of 4 or higher are included in the results. The suggestions that come from this rule are being presented in a fixed search named "your favourite genres" which cannot be configured (yet).

Have fun and let me know if it works for you.

Cheers,
    splatterpop

splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. Would be nice, if TvBits could show a recording indicator, so I can notice if I scheduled the propoesed programm.
    2. Dles TvBits scan for multiple words? One line (in the search dialog) represents one expresseion. Multiple lines are connected via "OR"-search?

bye,urev

Yes I also would like a rec or schedule indicator. I must say I havent figured out how to do it yet.

The keyword search is very simple (and should be), each line is a search term and the terms are OR-connected. Please come up with your suggestions for improvement. The only thing is I really would like to leave out regular expressions to keep it easy enough to use for the few non-coders among the tv audience...

Cheers
    splatterpop

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hey splatterpop,

thanks for your input. I didnt test it yet, but will do. Imho a seamlessly integrated "advanced scheduling" is on the top of my wishlist for MP. So i really like every approach for it. As I am no dev, I can offer no help with coding stuff. But maybe I can get some things coordinated. As a start I would recommend - as TomTom thankfully already stated - that you have a look at the work already being done. Mainly Bavarian did heavy work on this - tho never finished it due to too heavy workload.

How about joining IRC #mediaportal. The devs fly around there and are the best discussion partners for such things. Probably Bavarian can provide you with the work he has already done. Just one hint: Don't give up at #mediaportal after a few minutes. Since all team members have jobs, families and real life going on, they aren't on 24/7 there :)

Best regards

EDIT: Please edit your first post and add some screenshots - as pictures saying more then words. You will find pretty much more interest in your plugin for sure then!

urev

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 7, 2005
    Germany
    great, your plugin is growing fast. And the screenshots are nice. I hope you get a lot more attention, you deserve it! Keep up the good work.
    bye, urev

splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I posted a bugfix - tvbits crashes when there are channels in the search list that have been deleted.

The skin has also been updated, please delete any files named tvbits.xml from your skin folders and clear the cache. The new skin will be deployed the next time mp tarts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom