[Plugin] WOL-PowerManager (1 Viewer)

seppi2204

Portal Pro
December 8, 2010
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
Banner.png
Because jojo1411 hasn't enough spare time to coninue the work on WOL-PowerManager I will take over this project and give my best to satisfy your needs ;-)
Hi,
I am proud to present my first plugin "WOL-PowerManager" for MediaPortal.
Description:
WOL-PowerManager, allows you to specify diffrent computers in your network that will automatically be woken-up over LAN when you enter a predefined plugin-window in Mediaportal. If you have stored your movies, series, music or other files on a NAS or server, WOL-PowerManager will give you a fully automatic opportunity to awake your network storage if needed. This will save a lot of power and reduce your energy costs.
Links:
Please Note: First, you have to activate the Wake On LAN (WOL) feature on your server to get this plugin running correctly. This procedure is described in our Wiki.
You also have to make sure, that your Windows Firewall is disabled or configured to allow ICMP requests. For further informations how to configure your firewall look here.
If there are issues or feature request etc. please feel free to tell it in this thread or in the issue tracker on the project page. For help on how to use the plugin or how to set up the server please have a look at our Wiki first! If there are further question you can also reach us in the IRC Chat.
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #WolPowerManager
I hope you can use & enjoy it.
Special thanks go to my Co-Developer Seppi2204 as well as to Inker & SilentException for their excellent support on coding questions!

Last edited:

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

this is one great plugin which should be part of mp in my opinion. Thanks to seppi2204 it works even better now with the new feature for command line / batch files. So it's possible to control whs energy management via lightsout client console. You can also trigger eventghost events depending on the plugin you're currently using.... I'll add some examples...

Thanks to seppi for making this work
    Luca

Attachments

• examplescripts.zip
      2.5 KB

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi seppi,

I just installed 0.5.0.4 over 0.5.0.1 (release).

There are a few things I noticed:
    1. The config window shown while installation will not refresh the batch settings when jumping through the plugin entries. It will be fine later opened via mp config though...
    2. 0.5.0.4 will act like the debug version: the console appears when entering a plugin. Is it possible you took the debug version as basis for the final?
    3. I can see in change log that you fixed something about text alignment. Is this related to my issue reported in the original thread? If so the enhancement is not there after install of 0.5.0.4

I would like to do a uninstall and install to see if the probs above still exist and are not caused by updating from beta. Is there any way to back up the setting for doing that?

seppi2204

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2010
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi seppi,

I just installed 0.5.0.4 over 0.5.0.1 (release).

There are a few things I noticed:
    1. The config window shown while installation will not refresh the batch settings when jumping through the plugin entries. It will be fine later opened via mp config though...
    2. 0.5.0.4 will act like the debug version: the console appears when entering a plugin. Is it possible you took the debug version as basis for the final?
    3. I can see in change log that you fixed something about text alignment. Is this related to my issue reported in the original thread? If so the enhancement is not there after install of 0.5.0.4

I would like to do a uninstall and install to see if the probs above still exist and are not caused by updating from beta. Is there any way to back up the setting for doing that?
    Thanks for reporting the issues,

1. I tested this on my system and it worked as expected. I don't know what's causing this. Maybe you pressed "cancel" instead of "ok" in the last step?
    2. Yes you're right. I've forgot to uncomment. Should be fixed in 0.5.0.5 build
    3. Yes it was regarding your issue. I tried to make this work more properly in 0.5.0.5.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Seppi,

thanks for having a look at this!
    You're right about issue 1, I did a clean install yesterday and it worked fine. Thanks for fixing the other two, I can't update for the next few days as I am out of town but I'm sure it'll work fine. I'll get back to you if I encounter something when I'm back...

Luca

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Seppi,

I'm back home and could test 0.5.0.5.
    I think something went wrong with this version. I updated with the extension updater but after that the info in the plugin's config still showed me 0.5.0.4 and the issues mentioned above were still there (strange: the extension updater shows 0.5.0.5 as installed) . So I uninstalled and installed with the extension updater to no avail. Then I did an uninstall again and downloaded here in this thread, again no change.

Could you please have a look? Thanks!

Luca

Edit: I did as well an install on another machine where wol-powermanager had not been running before. It shows the same bahviour.

Last edited:

seppi2204

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2010
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Seppi,

I'm back home and could test 0.5.0.5.
    I think something went wrong with this version. I updated with the extension updater but after that the info in the plugin's config still showed me 0.5.0.4 and the issues mentioned above were still there (strange: the extension updater shows 0.5.0.5 as installed) . So I uninstalled and installed with the extension updater to no avail. Then I did an uninstall again and downloaded here in this thread, again no change.

Could you please have a look? Thanks!

Luca

Edit: I did as well an install on another machine where wol-powermanager had not been running before. It shows the same bahviour.

Hi Luca,
    Sorry for this very late response. There was something going wrong when I tried to build the installer.
    HOPEFULLY this time it will give you 0.5.0.5 Release ;-)

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Seppi,

no problem! I ran it with the 0.5.0.1 in the meantime...
    I just installed and checked and everything is fine, works like a charm!

Thank you very much!
    Luca

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks for the plugin!

I use it to start my NAS when I start mp and this works really well. But when I resume mp from standby my NAS doesn't start. Is it supposed to do so or is there something wrong with my configuration?

seppi2204

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2010
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't know what your Configuration looks like, as you don't have provided any config.xml or something similar.

Nevertheless I think you can get what you want by configuring basichome as an entry in the plugin-section.
    But as it seems you just want to generate a WOL-Command everytime you wake up from S3, you could easily sett this up with Windows Scheduler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom