Plugins: NOT User-friendly! MyHTPC allover again:-( (1 Viewer)

captainspanky

Portal Pro
December 8, 2005
Jean-Max said:
captainspanky said:
Holy crap! Where'd that downloads page come from? Never seen that before

Site navigation
add-ons/Plugins

What's more easy to find ?

Heh. I R n00b. That site navigation hotspot never registered with me at all. I've always just gone with the stuff in the Information panel below it.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Nearly 4 months has gone since I last posted in this thread, and not much have happended lately.

Okay, a lot of ned downloads, but in my opinion nothing new.....
    Most of the downloads are just External Non-mediaportal apllications and drivers. I couple of Plugins have managed to get through but not much.

Although the Download section is more visible to the user, I still see that 9/10 of Tips, Tricks and "plugins" is placed in the forum.

And in many cases you'll have to look through the whole thread to see if there any updates to the "plugin". Some edit the first post, and some just reply the their original post.

Take for example the Shoucast Plugin, My trailers, My Browser and others....

The Shoutcast grabber does not work anymore!? - The My Trailers and My Browser does not work at my own HTPC anylonger.......the solution to RC3 is in the forum through several pages og posts........

I(And probably a lot of other Mediaportal users(Call us noobs) just want the Final and latest release of the plugin.

I know its necassary to have the forum to discuss plugin that stops to work or needs to get fixed or others, but we still need to make this more Userfriendly by adding the plugins to the Download section.

Maybe the solution is to edit the procedure for making Plugins, so that it is easier for the developers to announce new and updated plugins.

I earlier suggested the Winamp/Meedio method? Would it be difficult to implement?

Can we somehow "convert" the already existing plugins from the forum or get an official Post on the front page of mediaportal, that Existing and new published Plugins should go through the Plugin form and ?

Would't the greatest (dream)solution be if we could implement the Plugin and all the updates INTO Mediaportal? Mozilla and Meedio has it?

Lets get the plugins into the spotlight, thats what make Mediaportal so great:)

/Morten

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    msj33 said:
    Would't the greatest (dream)solution be if we could implement the Plugin and all the updates INTO Mediaportal? Mozilla and Meedio has it?

there are already some people working on this

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Okay. Nice to hear that - but is there a thread for this, and what is the status on this project?

/Morten

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom