[Poll] Expose present surface object as in Framegrabber as event? (1 Viewer)

Add the patch to SVN?

• Total voters

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok - ok :oops:

So, the question is - do we totally drop this request or open a mantis with target 1.1 final ?

If this bug:D will really dropped, then mantis it, I would like to test this optimization.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    BTW: I find these EVR is dropping frames problem much more important. I quite frequently get about 5 dropped frames per second :mad:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I think we should investigate this a bit more for 1.2, just to find the optimal way (for example doing a strectrect on GPU side to a new texture and then releasing the original before copying the copied / strectched texture).

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think we should investigate this a bit more for 1.2, just to find the optimal way (for example doing a strectrect on GPU side to a new texture and then releasing the original before copying the copied / strectched texture).

word.

I played the whole weekend with gemx's patch in cooperation with IFC. And that drove me nuts at the beginning.

I'm wondering if this patch is really the best to grab the frame, I saw that gemx reverted some lines of his patch in his AtmoLight plugin.

I use his patch in IFC now, except this lines:

Code:
    int pitch;
    GraphicsStream stream = rgbSurface.LockRectangle(LockFlags.Discard, out pitch);
    Bitmap b = new Bitmap(rgbSurface.Description.Width,rgbSurface.Description.Height, pitch,            System.Drawing.Imaging.PixelFormat.Format32bppArgb, stream.InternalData);

I'm still using this:

Code:
    GraphicsStream stream = SurfaceLoader.SaveToStream(ImageFileFormat.Bmp, rgbSurface);

I read that, the Alpha channel cost much time, so do we need Argb?

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, thanks. :p
    But im not 100% sure what i should do with this infos.
    As far as i can see its a disucussion about how to implement the framegrabber and the source of the 2 diff files on github, that @BassFan and i have been talking about. But the code that eventually made it into MP is a 3rd version all together. Did i get this right?
    If so, i guess making this public is to clear the confusing we had about the diff files right? Thank you for that! :)
    If im worng, well, tell me :p.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes, your code v3 .
    yes the goal was to make this thread public for have history about this code.
    Good luck with the code next gen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom