[TV] Possibility of locking of scrambled channels in MediaPortal TV Server (1 Viewer)

superbaton

Portal Member
October 19, 2011
Home Country
Poland Poland
Started on: 21-02-2012
last update: 21-02-2012

Summary: Add possibility to lock scrambled channels in TVServer

Area: TV, Usability, Configuration

Description: Some TV broadcasters send right for watching channels via their selected satellite channels. Not always these channels are FTA, usually they are scrambled. These option in MP TVServer should give possibility to lock these scrambled channels and obtain the right to watch scrambled channels.

I have following issue with me satellite TV (TNK HD i from Poland):
- They offer channels in 3 packages (Domowy HD, Permium HD, nPermium)
- I have subscription only for first package (Domowy HD) recently they added some new channels to it, but I need to obtain rights to watch it. They send these rights on MGM HD (in my case) which is part of Premium HD package. An MGM HD channel is scrambled (I not able to watch it with my current subscription). The only requirement is to lock on this scrambled channel and the watching rights for new added channels will be obtained by my CAM module. Unfortunately I do not find any option in MP TVServer, which allows locking my tv card on scrambled channel.

Unfortunately I am not coder, so it would be nice if MP TVServer development team or someone else can add this feature to TVServer.

Best regards,
superbaton

mts

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I know this topic is quite old, but are there any new?
I'm facing the same problem.

slarti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Has anyone found a better way to do this yet? Getting tired of doing this manually every month (and usually just before Formula1 starts... ;p)

The preview method described doesn't work. I actually have to take the CAM out, stick it to the back of my TV and tune to a scrambled channel to get the decryption keys updated.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Our current TV Engine (TVE3) is getting heavily improved and will be presented in the future as TVE3.5
    I think @mm1352000 would be the person to ask if something like you guys requested would be offered (or possible) in TVE3.5 ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom