[EPG] Potential improvement to EPG layout / Channel groups (1 Viewer)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Evening all,

I've been thinking about Channel Groups in mediaportal and how they're not easy to find for the novice user. I was wondering whether it was possible in the current skinning engine to move the channel group so that it is expanded. I've attached a picture of the Sky HD EPG layout to show you what I mean.
    SKY epg.jpg

I think having the actual group listed across the top of the EPG would be fantastic, would make it easier for my partner to find them and I think it might clean up the side of the screen slightly.

Is this possible right now? If not, is it something that could be considered?

Thanks,

Chris

GeoffC

Portal Member
    June 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Your idea is a big improvement

Another method I have thought would be great would be to have a tree view type control. Being able to expand each group as needed and then be able to jump from branch to branch, this would allow very fast and intuitive navigation.
    I also think a tree view control would be great for movies and tv series when not using a database view, the tree view could just show the file folder structure

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'd be very happy to see something like what I posted or potentially a tree view, although I'm curious how that would work in terms of branches staying expanded... Either way, something like this added to Titan would solve all my little niggles with the EPG view.

@ncoH is this possible in the current skinning engine?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm happy to talk to anyone :)

Any chance it might get a discussion for future versions :)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As the new TVServer 3.5 is still in development (and the respective EPG as well), there might be a chance to get your proposal in there ;)
    I´ll ask the devs ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom