Power Scheduler - A Problem with my standby (1 Viewer)

mysteryboard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2011
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I use Power Scheduler for scheduling, but I don't understand a special function of the media portal client plugin. I have activate "Only allow standby when on home window", but my computer doesn't notice this, and goes in standby, when I watch a movie f. e. with PowerDVD. I thought, that my computer goes into standby only, when the Media Portal-Home Window is active, but this didn't work. What is wrong?

Thanks for your answers.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you don't want the TV server to go into standby then you need have Media Portal running also.

This is how the Power Scheduler works.

TV Server checks to see if the Media Portal Plugin is running. If it is then it asks if it can shut down/standby. If Media Portal is closed then Power Scheduler will go by the rules set in TV Server, i.e. shutdown if idle for 5 minutes.

If you need to use PowerDVD then look on the forum on how to launch external programs from within Media Portal.

If you intend on using the computer for other things with MediaPortal closed then open the TV Setup program as this will prevent standby/shutdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom