Power Scheduler Confusion (1 Viewer)

Markpainter

Portal Member
April 8, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi All

I am little confused about configuring MP to turn on / off to record TV & Radio.

Am I right in thinking I have to configure both the TV Server AND MP itself to power down after (say) 20 minutes?

The reason for asking, is that if I only configure MP to powerdown, the system never goes into standby after recording or no activity.
If I then configure the TV server to power down as well, the system shuts down ok.
However, even if I am recording something, the TV server shuts down after the set time (eg 20 minutes) and MP reports that the TV is no longer available.

Any suggestions folks?

I am using V1.1beta, and everything else is working fine, so I suspect I have messed up on a setting somewhere.:D

Markpainter

Portal Member
April 8, 2009
Home Country
Hi Tony

Thanks for that - I did a search to try to find out if I was the only one with the issue, but didn't come across that thread.
I had assumed I was in error as I was confused about having two places to go into standby, if you see what I mean!

Anyway, now I know I will set the TV server to go into standby after three hours so that should easily cover anything I need to record.

Thanks for you help.

On a seperate subject, is there an idiots guide to accessing the TV server via IP anywhere?

Cheers!

Mark

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hi Tony

Thanks for that - I did a search to try to find out if I was the only one with the issue, but didn't come across that thread.
    I had assumed I was in error as I was confused about having two places to go into standby, if you see what I mean!

The PowerScheduler client plugin (in MP) just talks to the TV-server plugin i.e. mostly to stop the server from powering down while MP is streaming TV etc - it doesn't control standby of the local PC itself (as far as I know).

And no, TV-server should never initiate power down while it's recording - that seems to be a bug in 1.1.0 at present.

I'd add your comments to the other thread to raise awareness of the problem.

On a seperate subject, is there an idiots guide to accessing the TV server via IP anywhere?

I don't know of one, but I think there is a light-weight 'TV-client' around somewhere and I think VLC media player can also be used.

Also take a look at https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tv-server-plugins-294/my-small-contribution-i-call-streamtv-50470/ and https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tv-server-plugins-294/self-contained-web-server-interface-27320/

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom