Power Scheduler feature request (1 Viewer)

alert101

Portal Member
October 14, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
I hope this is the correct forum. Didn't know if I should post here or in plugin development.

I'm still quite new to Media Portal and am still getting to know all its features. Now, about Power Scheduler. I've made some searches about it but haven't been able to find how to configure it like I want, or if it's even possible, probably not (yet).

I'd like to be able to keep MP running in the background all the time, but the thing is that if I use Power Scheduler to put my computer in Stand By mode after 5min idle and wake it up 1min before recording it will automatically Stand By if I happen to be away from the computer only 5 minutes. And then I'll have to manually wake it up to continue my work (or whatever). Now my question is:

Does Power Scheduler wake the computer if I manually put it in Stand By mode and there's a recording scheduled? In that case, would it be possible to configure Power Scheduler so that it would only go to Stand By after 5min of idle time AFTER a recording has finished without having to go through the configuration page, it's pretty damn slow.

Thanks in advance.

Bavarian

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2005
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi alert101,

yes power scheduler does start when you put your PC manually into standby, but ensure that MP is running at least 2 minutes before doing the shut down.

To your second question, powerscheduler is programmed at the moment to check only if MP is in home screen for the idle time. There is no checking if a key is pressed or something.

Bavarian

alert101

Portal Member
    October 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    So, it doesn't quite work like I would like it to. If I go out for a smoke it will go to Stand By.

Haven't had the time to check if I can find the source code for the plug-in, anyone know if it's open source? And if it's VS6.0 or .NET? If I have time I might take a look at it. I'd like to enable it manually, without going through the configuration screen. Or just enable it so that it would stand by after a recording finishes.

Bavarian

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2005
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I you go out for a smoke, then leave the home window and go for example to myVideo, then it will not go in standby.

The source is included in MediaPortal and therfore open source. Take a look at the home page and you will find all the informations you need.

Bavarian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom