Power Scheduler on MP1.3, howto? (1 Viewer)

U

ukjentp

I am new on MediaPortal, and I can't figure out howto use the Power scheduler that ships within MediaPortal 1.3.0...

In setup, when I check enabled and home(even tried my plugins), and restart MP, nothing is changed in the EPG.

So how do I "enable"/use power scheduler?

If it matters, I have a Hauppauge PVR150 card.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I may have mis understood your problem, but here goes...

Power Scheduler doesn't have any screens that show up in MP.
    Apart from what is in the config screen, there is nothing else you need to do.
    When you leave the PC untouched for whatever time period you specify and you are in the home screen, it will turn off/hibernate/stand by as you have set.
    It will automatically turn on however many minutes before a recording is due to start and then off again afterwards.

The only settings you need to experiemtn with for best results on your system are the ones down the bottom. For example the "Disable TV card before Shutdown" option, which is marked as "Highly Recommended" does not work for me. I have to leave that box unticked.

Also, just in case you haven't discovered this yet, to go into the config for a plug in, you have to highlight the entire row for the plug-in (similar to Excel) and then click the setup button (make sure the plug in is enabled first)

s53zo

Portal Member
    August 9, 2005
    Hello!

Do I have to do a similar setup procedure as with PVR-scheduler (seting up byte number for BIOS) or is this done in a different way with Power scheduler?

Regards,
    Simon

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    PowerScheduler doesn't do power on from a complete off state.

It does resume from Hibernate though, which uses just as little power as a complete off and makes for a faster turn on time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom