PowerDVD Blu-Ray/HD MultiShortcut Solution (1 Viewer)

steve760

Portal Pro
March 10, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I will be posting solutions for using PowerDVD Blu-Ray/HD within MediaPortal 1.1.0 beta and SVN's

This is a MultiShortcut solution originally scripted and compiled by MoPhat.

Reason I will be posting my edits and fixes here are because this is for MP 1.1.0 only!
I have no plans to see if this still works for 1.0 versions of MediaPortal.
Also I would like unsubscribe to MoPhats thread and cut down on the e-mails :)
That thread is rather old and hard to follow, time to start fresh now that we are back with MP..

I will post my first fix for this below.

steve760

Portal Pro
March 10, 2009
Home Country
OK so I been away a while using standard Windows 7 Media Center, that started to suck, so I am back to Media Portal

and so we needed to make this work for my system, hopefully some of you guys too...

Read First and Download at the bottom of the Post...

Hd Starter for PowerDVD9 Cinema under Windows 7/Vista 32/64 with ATI Graphics

Compiled using PowerDVD9 in Cinema Mode Only and using an MCE Remote Control.

I cant compile with any other remotes, because I don't own them (buy and send me one and I can compile for that remote)

ATTENTION:WARNING
This will only work for those using ATI Graphics Cards with ATI Catalyst Manager Installed.
Im not an ATI fanboy (allthough I think they have got much better and may be soon) this plugin
was originaly written for ATI and I have no desire to change it, feel free to take it upon yourself.
But be warned it will not function properly with Nvidia Based Graphics Cards Adapters.

ATTENTION:
PowerDVD and MediaPortal must be installed in the path %PROGRAM FILES%\Team MediaPortal\ and %PROGRAM FILES%\Cyberlink

Otherwise the Script in (HD_Starter_autohotkey_source.zip) should be changed and new compiled!

The following are for installs of media Portal 1.1.0 beta and 1.1.0 svn's
on Windows 7 and Windows Vista 32 and 64 bit Operating Systems

***PowerDVD9 Cinema install Directions***

Follow these steps.

1. First off after extracting the archive you will see a folder titled "-put in- Program Files -or- Program Files (x86)"
Open this folder and copy the folder inside named "Team MediaPortal" you will then paste this folder into your 32bit Programs
folder and this will either be "C:\Program Files" on a Windows 32bit install or it will be "C:\Program Files (x86)" on a
Windows 64bit install. If you see both folders, use the "Program Files (x86)" as this is your 32bit folder and home to your
MediaPortal program files. *YOU WILL BE TOLD FOLDERS ALREADY EXSIST*, we will be merging new files into exsisting folders.
So choose YES that you want to merge the files and folders.

*alternately you can do it the harder way*
You can copy the files "HD Starter.dll" and "HD_Starter.exe" and "DLLFix.exe" in to the %PROGRAM FILES%\Team
MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Windows directory. (Should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Windows
for 64bit Windows or (C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Windows)for 32bit Windows.

2. Execute the DLLFix.exe in the plugins\Windows directory. (Should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Windows
for 64bit Windows or (C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Windows)for 32bit Windows.

3. Back in the archive you extracted you will see a folder named "-put in- ProgramData"
Open this folder and copy the folder inside named "Team MediaPortal" you will then paste this folder into your
ProgramData folder and this will be "C:\ProgramData" on a Windows 32bit and Windows 64bit install.
*YOU WILL BE TOLD FOLDERS ALREADY EXSIST*, we will be merging new files into exsisting folders.
So choose YES that you want to merge the files and folders.

*alternately you can do it the harder way*
You can copy the MediaPortal Skin Images in to the desired Skin\Media folder.
(This is the skin you use for Media Portal should be C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\*Your Skin Name*\media)
Currently we have only made images for 4 skins (StreamedMP, MonoChrome, Blue3, Blue3wide) you can make images on your own for any other skin not covered.
Just remember they must be named with "hover_Blu-Ray.png" or "hover_Hd-DvD.png" or start with "hover_".
Also you will need to copy the "MultiShortcut" folder to the MediaPortal\language folder.
(this should be C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language)

4. Open the MediaPortal Configuration and go to Plugins. Select the HD Starter plugin and hit Config button.
Make sure its Enable and remember to choose "In Home" or "In Plugins"
Config as below:
-General
*note you make no changes to general area, just skip to homescreen*
-Homescreen
ButtonCaption = Play Blu-Ray/HD
ButtonImage
ButtonImageFocus
Picture = hover_Blu-Ray.png
-Program 1
Directory
Exefile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\HD_Starter.exe
Arguments
Use Virtual Keyboard = False
*note you will leave everthing below Exefile as it is, make no changes you are done*

5. You can now use the Blu-Ray/HD DvD Player from with in MediaPortal

Here this may help with install
, as I see alot of people getting stuck on this part. These are the only parts you need fill in on the Config Window.

Button Caption = Play Blu-Ray (or whatever you want the button to say, mine says Play Blu-Ray/HD)

Picture = hover_Blu-Ray.png (or the name of any of the other image starting with "hover_" you placed in the skin/media folder of the skin you are using)

Exefile = (Should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Windows\HD_Starter.exe)for 64bit Windows
or (C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Windows\HD_Starter.exe)for 32bit Windows.

Remember to Hit the SAVE BUTTON at the bottom of this Config Screen.

The General options are automaticly filled in, the ID is different on most every install, the other things are false by default, so dont worry about them.

notice:
the switch to 24p mode is done by CTRL+SHIFT+4 back to 50hz mode is CTRL+SHIFT+5!
You should define this profiles in you ATI Catalyst Manager, for NVidia i dont know how to do that.

Download below.

Attachments

• HD_Starter_PowerDVD9_Cinema.zip
    30.7 KB

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Thanks for summarising the massive previous thread.

I'm having problems getting the plugin working right, when I quit from PDVD it does not maximise MP. :(

MP is still running, but is not visible on the tray, but is visible in Task Manager and in the "Notification Icon Area"??

In the end I have tweaked the script to exit MP when PDVD is launched, and then relaunch MP once PDVD exits. Not ideal I admit (not that seemless) - but it works for me :D

Thanks,

J.

steve760

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2009
    Home Country
    I'm having problems getting the plugin working right, when I quit from PDVD it does not maximise MP. :(
    MP is still running, but is not visible on the tray, but is visible in Task Manager and in the "Notification Icon Area"??
    In the end I have tweaked the script to exit MP when PDVD is launched, and then relaunch MP once PDVD exits. Not ideal I admit (not that seemless) - but it works for me :D Thanks,J.

Are you saying you had to modify the HDStarter I uploaded or the previous ones from the old thread? The version I have above works in this manor, It closes MediaPortal and then reopens it upon closing of PowerDVD. Using in this manor is fine in my opinion as MP in past does not seem to run very well after being minimized and honestly on my win 7 system using the standard load screen with MP, MP loads/starts up very fast. I think in the end this will be the best method for calling up external players and such, as it seems keep MP running at its best.

Lastnight I actually modified this script to open and close Hulu, it works in same manor, Opens Hulu and closes MP, then upon closing Hulu, it restarts MP.

In the end this Works very well, also I see it like this, if I am using Hulu or PowerDVD it is probably a good thing to have MP closed while running the other and then restart, as this will free up needed system resources for many people and all three programs use a little bit of memory.

Steve

Would this also work with PowerDVD 7?

As mentioned above this only works for Windows 7/Vista with MediaPortal 1.1.0 and above using PowerDVD9 *Cinema* mode. Now having that said I have previous scripts that I had made work with PowerDVD9 and PowerDVD8 and I will be making changes to these and uploading them soon, so they work with MP 1.1.0.

The packages I upload however would not work with PowerDVD7 unless script is changed and compiled again for the path change of where PowerDVD7 is located on your computer.

Now I can do this for you so long as PowerDVD is located in the default place, if however you had an altered install path then I would rather not do it, as if that be the case this thread will end up like the thread for HDStarter, over run with modified downloads. So if you have your PowerDVD installed to C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86), then tell me the full path to the .exe file of PowerDVD7 and I will make some changes so it will run it.

I would rather people reinstall PowerDVD to the default install location than have to keep changing the paths in the scripts, easier for everyone this way and gives us a lot less to talk about :)

Steve

collaborator

Portal Pro
    October 2, 2007
    Basel
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Mine is exactly installed with default path C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe

Can you do it ?

Would this also work with PowerDVD 7?

Now I can do this for you so long as PowerDVD is located in the default place, if however you had an altered install path then I would rather not do it, as if that be the case this thread will end up like the thread for HDStarter, over run with modified downloads. So if you have your PowerDVD installed to C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86), then tell me the full path to the .exe file of PowerDVD7 and I will make some changes so it will run it.

I would rather people reinstall PowerDVD to the default install location than have to keep changing the paths in the scripts, easier for everyone this way and gives us a lot less to talk about :)

Steve[/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom