PowerScheduler fails to wake up the system to record scheduled shows (1 Viewer)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    FIX: Enabled "Wake up on various events" option in TV-Server Powerscheduler plugin

I'm running a clean single-seat installation of 1.0 final, removed old MP, TV-Server and database (removed whole MySQL and let installer to download+install MS SQL Server) manually before installing 1.0.

Logs attached, but there's nothing much. The weird thing is that if I remember correct, there should be a log line in tvserver_tv.log which tells the next wake up time in seconds. EDIT: Actually there is a following line:
    2008-12-22 21:32:52.546875 [Powerscheduler Timer]: PowerScheduler: new next wakeup time 22.12.2008 21:49:00 found by ScheduledRecordingsHandler

Steps:

1. Started MP through logs collector and scheduled a recording to start at 21:50. Then navigated to home screen to wait for a shutdown to suspend, time is 21:32.

2. At 21:42 system goes to suspend as it should (10 minutes idle set in TV-Server PowerScheduler settings and MP PowerScheduler Client settings)

3. Around 21:48-21:49 system should wake up to record (pre-wake up set to 60 seconds in PowerScheduler settings, recordings set to start 1 minute before)

4. At 21:54 the system is still in suspend and doesn't wake up.

5. I wake up the system manually and after a few secs recording starts automatically.

6. Shut down MP.

TV-Server Version: 1.0 final
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 final
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide
    Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
    CPU Type: Intel E8200 2.66GHz
    HDD: OCZ Core SSD 32GB
    Memory: Corsair 2GB 800MHz
    Motherboard: Asus P5E-VM HDMI
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD4850
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.7
    Sound Card: ATI HDMI
    Sound Card AC3: AC3Filter
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: FireDTV DVB-C
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD 8.0
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter
    h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC 1.7
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: TTV, Finland
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion 2
    Cooling: Stock
    Power Supply: Antec 430W
    Remote: Logitech diNovo Mini / FireDTV Remote
    TV: Toshiba 46ZF355
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I havent ever had any issues with the wake up, dunno whats causing the issue you see.

3. Around 21:48-21:49 system should wake up to record (pre-wake up set to 60 seconds in PowerScheduler settings, recordings set to start 1 minute before)

Could you try setting the pre-wake up to 3 minutes?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm running a clean single-seat installation of 1.0 final, removed old MP, TV-Server and database (removed whole MySQL and let installer to download+install MS SQL Server) manually before installing 1.0.
    What version were you using previously? I had very similar problems with RC4. I am begining to think something broke around RC3 ??

Left the machine unattended tonight with around 10 random things to record (should sleep between each one) as a test so will let you know what I find out

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I made another test run with extensive logging enabled on Powerscheduler client and server side, pre-wake up time now 120 seconds. At least there is now more logging.

Steps:

1. At 10:46 scheduled a recording that should start at 11:10 and went back to home screen.

2. At 10:56 system goes to suspend after 10 minutes idle

3. At 11:12 system is still in suspend and doesn't wake up

4. I wake up the system manually, logs claim 2008-12-23 11:12:53.859375 [PowerEventThread]: PowerScheduler: System has resumed automatically from standby

flintstone99

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I experienced the same thing already in RC4 and now in final too. At the moment I set the option "wake up on various events" in TV server's Power scheduler plugin. Now the system wakes up, but I am still verifying whether it is going to suspend or not.

regards

flintstone

P.S.: so far the system does not go back to suspend after the recording...trying force shutdown now..

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    RC4 seemed to break some recording settings and just uninstalling and reinstalling new\old release did not fix for me, even with clean database, have not a clue what setting is left behind to cause this, as nothing left in either program files or user files relating to MP install, only reinstall of the operating system helped (extreme, hope you have a backup).

Again other thing found, whilst testing MP1.0 final, which besides webepg not getting TVServer channels, the third time installing, keeping the SQL db and nothing else, lost use of one TV card (huh, worked 2 times), this affected both live TV and recordings, the fix was to change the recorded tv path, save and stop tvservice and then restart, now the second card worked fine, this may be a clue why powerscheduler is not acting correctly.

If you have just set up a new recording\timeshifting paths and it still does not work, then ignore above.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Oh my, "wake up on various events" option enabled in TV-Server Powerscheduler plugin actually did the trick, wake up is working now. If this option is really required to be enabled for automatic wake up for recording, it should documented better (like "Wake up on various events (e.g. recordings)")

Now the problem is that after automatic wake up the TV picture remains black/blank, I have to press mouse button to see MP which is actually running. I've never had this kind of problem with manual wake up, so any ideas? I've tried MP settings "Turn on TV after stand by" and "Restart MP after stand by" with no luck. In ATI CCC I have enabled "Force detection of TV".

Funny thing is, if I have "Restart MP after stand by" enabled, after automatic wake up the screen is blank but the recording is working on the background, and until I press a mouse button, then I get a picture and only then MP actually (re)starts, so the MP restart is actually "delayed" until I press some button to get a picture. Manual wake up is working like it should.

I have still some more testing to do..

flintstone99

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom