Powerscheduler keeps TV Server awake when even if client is not using it (1 Viewer)

darkside40

Portal Pro
August 17, 2009
Ruhrgebiet
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,
i have a multiseat setup at home with one TV Server and two Clients.

My TV Server is not running 24/7, it get only wake up when it is really needed (external WOL addon).

Only thing that annoys me is that if somebody watches a TV Show and after that a Movie from the NAS the TV Server stays awake because of the presence of the remote client. Timeshifting etc. is stopped, the TV Server has nothing to do infact but it is wasting energy.

Is there any way to change that behavior?

Btw. i am running MP 1.6.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

Hi there,
    i have a multiseat setup at home with one TV Server and two Clients.

My TV Server is not running 24/7, it get only wake up when it is really needed (external WOL addon).

Only thing that annoys me is that if somebody watches a TV Show and after that a Movie from the NAS the TV Server stays awake because of the presence of the remote client. Timeshifting etc. is stopped, the TV Server has nothing to do infact but it is wasting energy.

Is there any way to change that behavior?

Btw. i am running MP 1.6.

No way. The TvServer will be on line until at least one client is on line.

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thats a pitty.
    Would it be possible to implement such a feature using a feature request? So it would be possible to choose if the Server stays awake although no Timeshift is used, just waiting for the remote client?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom