PowerScheduler plugin and client. (1 Viewer)

Juppe

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi all.

I have a question, now when the powerscheduler plugin is there for the tv-server, how will it work with the clients. What I mean is, if the server go in to hibernate because no one is using it and then someone want to start a client and watch livetv or see one recorder tv-show, how will the tv-server wake up then? Shall I use wake on lan? I hope that someone know, because i have been waiting for the plugin to be there, because I dont want the tv-server to be awake all the time.

Juppe

Babnik42

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
Home Country
France France
Not sure what Power scheduler will do, but I'm currently developing a plugin to enable Wake on Lan. With my motherboard, it will even wake up the pc if you have shutdown, as well as hibernate and sleep. I need a few more weeks, as I'm on holiday next week.

Juppe

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
OK, that sounds good, see if there is another way to do this, otherwise I'm looking forward to your plugin.

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

While the current powerscheduler does only support singleseat, the idea is to add Wake-on-LAN support to it as well in the future. There are a few issues to overcome first though, before things like this will work. Just be patient.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for the replies, then I know that it will work to wake it up with a client.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom